Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Nook Color Boot Loop

Boot Loop Reboot Logo Nook Nook Color

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ChrisinCS

ChrisinCS
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogenmod 7.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:53 AM

I have a couple of nook colors. One of them I followed the huskernation instruction video just about to the T to get the CM7 working. Once I finished all of that, I only had trouble getting the google marketplace onto it. After fiddling around with it for a while and rebooting I got that to work though.

Now with the second nook however, I tried the same steps

-Installed an SD with CWM image on it
-Formatted System
-Attempted to format data (says error)
-Formatted Cache
-Installed CM7.1 from SD
-Installed Gapps 0821 (or so) from SD
rebooted.

It worked fine for a while but then when I tried to fix the gapps problem I must've switched something around because no matter what I do, whether repeating the above steps or otherwise, once it tries to boot into CM7, it just keeps looping the blue logo.

Other (possibly pertinent) problems I get are :

-If I attempt to factory reset from CWM, it freezes CWM and I can't scroll up or down from there
-Formatting data continues to say error rather than say that the data has been formatted.

So i've got one well functioning nook and one nook that won't even boot to a home screen. Help is greatly appreciated.

#2 rurallaw

rurallaw
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:17 PM

I had the same problem.  Would not even boot in recovery mode.  (I run off an SD card, not EMMC).

Forgive me, but I'm unclear if you are trying to install to the EMMC or run off an SD card.

I did a google search and found one forum thread that offered a solution, but required a download of a file and I was leary of doing that and the instructions were too vague. I eventually reformatted the SD card and started over.  I used a lot of the utility software noted to the CrashTECHDummies youtube video:

I've read several potential causes including an app updating flash or the google market updating, but mine occured occured while I was testing a Remote Desktop using TeamViewer where I lost network connection, so I felt is was most likely something got crupted.

I completely formated the SD card, including partitions, and started over using Panasonic SD Formatter v.2.0 noted from the youtube video.  I did not use the 2GB card image from the youtube video.  Instead, I used the Size-agnostic SD Card image and CM7 installer for SD Cards from the XDA forums.  Also, win32DiskImage has a .3 version, but it did not work, so I had to use the .1 version.

My Nook Color was/is referbished with 1.2 installed.

#3 ChrisinCS

ChrisinCS
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogenmod 7.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:36 PM

I am running eMMC but I believe the "Cannot format /data in CWR" is the same problem i've been having. If i'm not mistaken, this stems from the lack of being able to format the data. Since I bought the second nook from craigslist, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that it's actually a refurb that he passed of as in box new. Nonetheless, i'm moments from attempting that threads' solution and will get back to you about the results.

#4 ChrisinCS

ChrisinCS
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogenmod 7.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:18 PM

That was indeed the problem. Now I just need to rejigger around until I can fix the gapps again. That's what's giving me the most consistent problem on installing these.

#5 patruns

patruns
  • Members
  • 662 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
    C10.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:20 PM

but I believe the "Cannot format /data in CWR" i

If i'm not mistaken, this stems from the lack of being able to format the data.

You didn't really say that, did you?   :rolleyes:

#6 ChrisinCS

ChrisinCS
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogenmod 7.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:26 PM

oh good god. I did indeed. :wacko:

#7 fxstsb

fxstsb
  • Members
  • 8 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color and Nook HD
  • CM Version:
    10.x
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:06 PM

similar situation. In the center of the screen is a red battery telling me it needs to charge b4 turning on. It has been sharging now for the second day. The little n on the cable is green.

#8 patruns

patruns
  • Members
  • 662 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
    C10.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:19 PM