Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Too bad...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rbriggins

rbriggins
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy Showcase(sch-i500)
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen 7.1.0 showcase
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:26 PM

I need some help, maybe someone here knows the answer. I have CM7 on the showcase for c spire and everything seems to be ok except I can not send a sms successfully. I can still receive them but the ones I send are either blank or never reach the destination. I have read that this is usually a problem with the short message service center number or abbreviated SMSC. I have tried flashing the different modems through odin v. 1.7 but it didn't solve the problem. I also typed in the code, *#*#4636#*#*, into the dialer to get into the phone information and my smsc is blank. I would like to enter it manually so if anyone knows c spires or can find it on their phone I would greatly appreciate it.

Edited by rbriggins, 23 January 2012 - 01:43 AM.

#2 Spambung

Spambung
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    SCH-i500
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

@rbriggins

I created an account just to reply to this.

I had this problem and after many hours of trying things from all over the internet, I found something that works.  I don't have the link, but search for the EE25 radio (exact file name is EE25_modem.tar.md5).  Once I flashed that and my phone reset it went to the *228 activation and it failed, but after a reboot everything worked.

I was able to send and recieve texts, but I did notice that my signal strength wasn't quite as good as it was.  I don't know if it was just the weather or if that radio isn't as good, but being able to send texts again was nice.

#3 fastlerner

fastlerner

Zombie Trainer

• Donators
  • 129 posts
  • Twitter:JMSchweitzer
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Showcase
  • CM Version:
    Stock 2.2.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

I fell in love with CyanogenMod back with I had a HTC Magic on T-mobile.  I was terribly disappointed that nothing stable ever materialized for the Showcase.

While I'm glad the team has expanded to cover so many devices, there definitely seems to a be a difference in build quality between the dev teams.

Support for the Magic was flawless when that's the device Cyanogen was using.  I guess the lesson here is, next time I buy a new android I'll pick the same model the core Cyanogen devs are using.

#4 Tangentabacus

Tangentabacus
  • Members
  • 28 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Showcase
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:50 AM

I had an HTC BravoC and it was awesome on CM7... But I have a limited selection on phones here in Alaska so I had to get a Showcase... I just wish they'd actually support a phone that they say they've supported is all.