Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Tried to update clockwork recovery, now it's gone ;-(

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 theophile

theophile
  • Members
  • 40 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    |1|
  • CM Version:
    7.1-RC1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:40 AM

I rooted, then flashed recovery using DX Bootstrapper. I'm now running what I'm pretty sure is nightly 140 (10232011) and I've noticed that the version of clockworkmod is pretty old. So I tried to update it using ROM Manager, and selected the Droid X (2nd Init) option. Now when I reboot, it hangs at the "M" screen. Pulling the battery gets me back into CM7, but I now appear to have no recovery.

I'd like to get it back, but I've read that using DX Bootstrapper from within CM7 can nuke the whole thing. So I'm going to quit screwing around and ask for advice instead. How do I get my clockworkmod back? Thanks.

Edited by theophile, 15 November 2011 - 02:40 AM.

#2 theophile

theophile
  • Members
  • 40 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    |1|
  • CM Version:
    7.1-RC1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:37 PM

FYI, despite the warnings I've read against using DX Bootstrap from within CM7/GB, I did it anyway and it worked fine. I now have CWM (albeit an older version) recovery again.