If I try to fine the device http://www.cyanogenmod.com/devices the X8 is not there, but it is stated as supported and I can find it in the forums.
If I try to follow the instructions here: http://forum.cyanoge...10-11-oct-2011/ I run into trouble on the 1st step:
First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the Sony Ericsson Xperia X8, or coming from another ROM?
- Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
- Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
- Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
- Perform a factory reset.
- Flash CyanogenMod.
- Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
The link in the post points to the wiki page for the X8 which does not exist. If I search the wiki for the device I get to the officially supported device list which does not include X8.
- do CyanogeMod supported on the X8? The 7.1 release note states support: http://www.cyanogenm...od-7-1-released
- if yes can somebody update/create the wiki for the X8 so everybody can easily update there phone using a howto from a trusted source?
ps: I know that I can find the update instruction on xda or on other sources. My biggest problem is the incossistency in the cyanogemod.com website.