Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Defy Cyanogenmod Stuck on the Google M load screen after my reboot

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Klaus Lungwitz

Klaus Lungwitz
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:10 PM

View Postd54, on 28 November 2011 - 12:00 AM, said:

I go to "Advanced" and selectedeh "Wipe Dalvik Cache" is acts like I didn't seleted it, the screen flashes, then is stays on the same screen. Isn't it supposed to go to a "yes or no" question?

NOTE:  (Whenever i select "Apply update.zip from sdcard" is says "E:Can't open /sdcard;update.zip (No such file or directory) Installation aborted."  But it let's me choose the Cyanodenmod ROM, and GApps, from my sdcard from the "Install zip from sdcard.")
that's because there is not such file in the sdcard.. lol
n00b.
just follow this:

I think your phone has a soft-brick.
Here goes a tutorial about how to un-brick your Defy.
Do you casualy have a Nandroid? If so, it would be better for you.

Things that you'll have to use:
RDSLite v 4.9:  Download
Drivers for 32 Bits: Download
Divers for 64 Bits: Download
Nordic Full ROM (this is the ROM you will use to flash your phone, just to get it working): Download

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ALL THE STEPS BEFORE DOING IT

Now the steps:
1st: Download RDSLite and install in your PC.
2nd: Install the Motorola Drivers (64 or 32 bits).
3rd: Reboot your computer.
4th: Download the Nordic Full ROM, unzip the ".rar". So now you have a file with the extension ".sbf". This file must be placed in the root of the program RDSLite (C/Program Files/Motorola/RDSLite)
5th: Open RDSLite. You will see this:

Posted Image

6th: Press the "..." button and it will open a file explorer, there you have to find the ".sbf" file and click Open.

Posted Image

So...

Posted Image

7th (here begins the real stuff): So, having your Defy turned off, you have to turn it on this way: press thepower button and the volume up button simultaneously, and keep them pressed for about 5 seconds. There should appear a black screen with white letters:

Posted Image

8th: So, now you connect your phone via USB to your PC. The RDSLite must recognize it:

Posted Image

You press Start...

Posted Image

Now, you will have to wait a few moments... until it says something like: "100% complete. Reboot your phone manually"
So you unplug the USB and turn it on, or if it is steel on the Bootloader you take off and put the battery on again, and then turn it on.
After that, if you want to return to your previous ROM (if you had a NANDROID BACKUP done) you root your phone and install a custom recovery (I assume you already know how to do that)

Well, hope your problem is solved!!

Of course, the tutorial wasn't made by me: http://www.comunidad...e-t91078.0.html

I just translated it.
Let me know if it worked!

#2 sfshine

sfshine
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • Device Model:
    dext
  • CM Version:
    andriod2.3
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:32 AM

wipe data/factory reset  you have  not wipe clearly

#3 JadhaN

JadhaN
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:JadhavN
  • Device Model:
    MB525
  • CM Version:
    3.x.x.x
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:11 AM

Worked perfectly.... Thanks Man.... This was a life saver...