Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Camera FC ing

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Irunwithmonkeys

Irunwithmonkeys
  • Members
  • 7 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Thunderbolt & Gtablet
  • CM Version:
    Infected ROM & Flashback
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:29 PM

Did you ever find a solution to this?  The same issue just started happening to me out of the blue.  I've tried everything including flashing back to a stock ROM, formatting the SD card, renaming the DCIM folder, deleting the .thumbnails folcer and no dice.

Edited by Irunwithmonkeys, 16 December 2011 - 04:30 PM.

#2 Batto

Batto

What does this option do?

• Donators
  • 65 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Evo
  • CM Version:
    CM7.2
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:50 PM

havent had time to try reformatting the SD card, but if it didnt work for you, i wonder what is going on....

#3 Batto

Batto

• Donators
  • 65 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Evo
  • CM Version:
    CM7.2
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:33 PM

well, new phone (usb broke on my old one), same card, worked at first but just started happening again, wtf

#4 trailboss

trailboss
  • Members
  • 198 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    EVO 4G
  • CM Version:
    ROM : KERNAL :
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:13 PM

One of my evo's camera stopped working out of the blue.

Turned out to be the camera coming lose from the mother board.
I pushed it back down and now it works fine.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

#5 Batto

Batto

• Donators
  • 65 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Evo
  • CM Version:
    CM7.2
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

View Posttrailboss, on 02 February 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

One of my evo's camera stopped working out of the blue.

Turned out to be the camera coming lose from the mother board.
I pushed it back down and now it works fine.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

so far that doesn't seem to be the case.

monday I booted to recovery, copied all the data off and formatted the card then dropped all the data back on, camera started working again.

no clue if it's permanent yet

#6 nydog

nydog
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    EVO 4G
  • CM Version:
    cm7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:29 AM

I'm having camera issues since last week. App opens but does nothing until the prompt for force close or wait shows up. I think its CM7, because flashing a different ROM the camera worked fine.

#7 Karasuhebi

Karasuhebi
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Twitter:karasuhebi
    pr - Puerto Rico
  • Device Model:
    HTC EVO / CDMA Hero
  • CM Version:
    CM7 (EVO) / CM6 (Hero)
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:59 AM

I have this problem as well, came out of the blue. Let me describe it in as much detail as I can so whoever has the ability to help us can do so with ease:
The problem we are talking about here is that when you open up the Camera app, it doesn't do anything. It's frozen, sort of. It shows you the image the camera lense is picking up, but everything else in the app itself is frozen. If you press on the shutter button, nothing happens (same with the other buttons) and if you tilt the phone in different directions, you'll notice the Camera and the Video Camera buttons won't change orientation..they'll always be in landscape. If you just open up the Camera app and don't touch anything, the app will never FC. But if you touch anywhere on the screen while the app is open, after a few secods, it'll FC on you. This happens every single time.

Like I said, the problem came out of the blue. I still had it when I flashed to 7.2RC1, but it magically went away after a while. I have now done a clean flash of CM7.2.0 stable (wiped everything, flashed CM7.2.0 stable and then latest gapps) and still the same problem. I always thought this problem stemmed from some kind of setting I changed or some app I installed but now it's happening on a CLEAN install of CM7.2 from the get-go. No bueno :(

Anyone have any ideas? The SD card thing seems like a plausible culprit, seeing as how it's the only thing that's not "clean" in my install of CM7.2.0

-Karasuhebi

P.S. As others have mentioned, I wanted to point out yet again that the phone's camera actually works (you can still take pictures with Instagram, Facebook and other apps) just not when you're using the Camera app that comes with CM7.

____________________________________EDIT____________________________________
So...I just rebooted my phone (for the first time since my clean flash from a couple of hours ago) and now the Camera app is working again. O_o
I haven't made any changes to the settings (or messed with the SD card at all), all I have done since I last posted in this topic was install a couple of apps (Gmail, Google Play Music, Maps, etc, etc) and open up my Gallery so that the thumbnails would start loading (it's soooooooooo slow! I really need to try QuickPic lol).

I'm really starting to think it has to do with the SD card, since I have essentially done nothing to the phone to make the camera work again, it just started working out of no where after the reboot. Maybe the SD card mounting process went wrong before and now it was done correctly? I dunno...all I know is I hope the Camera app keeps working afer my next reboot lol. I'll keep you guys posted. :)
____________________________________END OF EDIT_____________________________

Edited by Karasuhebi, 22 June 2012 - 04:30 AM.