Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Touchpad charging loop after dead battery

touchpad battery dead bricked

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 HPtouchpad19

HPtouchpad19
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    HP touchpad
  • CM Version:
    CM 7.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:14 PM

The touchpad was accidentally left on overnight (on Android), and ran out of power. First I put it on the Touchstone, where it came up with the charging loop (video at bottom)(If you cant see the video, the loop is battery with lightning bolt and red line at bottom, followed by what looks like a European plug, then the screen goes black, then it repeats the loop). Then I changed the part that plugs into the wall, which didn't help. Then I unscrewed and rescrewed it, and it made the clicking sound. Then I put it on the official HP USB to the official HP two piece charging unit, and it came up with the same loop. After leaving it overnight, it was still like that, so I tried to plug it into the PC. I left it plugged in for a few hours to trickle charge it, but the PC couldn't detect it, presumably because it was dead and transmitting nothing back to the PC, so that meant that the PC didn't trickle charger. I then put it back on the USB(mains) charger, and it is still coming up with the charging loop.

At all points of my process I have held the power and centre button down for 20 seconds.

This is intended for 2 purposes:
1. To draw attention to this issue so that people don't do it
2. To hopefully get a solution from someone.

Thank you in advance!

Youtube link :

#2 Stijnaw

Stijnaw
  • Members
  • 4 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC HD2
  • CM Version:
    ?
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:08 PM

Unfortunately I'm getting the same problem. Didn't find a solution yet. I'm going to try to charge it for a long time and then I hope it will boot. I'll keep an eye on this topic. I'm hoping someone has a solution.

Edited by Stijnaw, 05 December 2011 - 01:08 PM.

#3 marsafari

marsafari
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Device Model:
    touchpad
  • CM Version:
    alpha 3
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:16 PM

Got the same problem, but without anything displaying on the screen, never ..
Seems you're lucky ;;
Apparently, from all the things I ve red, you'd better let it a few days without manipulating (without charging) and then,  put it in a corner of the the room, charging for 3 or 4 days and come sometime to see if you're really lucky !

#4 Stijnaw

Stijnaw
  • Members
  • 4 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC HD2
  • CM Version:
    ?
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:09 PM

Now I can't even see the screen. I only see the home button light up from left to right like in this video:

I searched the web allot but can't find a solution that works for me. I really hope it isn't bricked because I can't return it to the shop (ordered it on ebay). I'm going to try marsafari's idea if my TP still is dead tomorrow.

#5 marsafari

marsafari
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Device Model:
    touchpad
  • CM Version:
    alpha 3
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:21 PM

I don't even get the light you got on the home button.
But the cause has been the same, letting the battery going profundly discharged.
We're on the same point, letting it for now and then, in little time, make it charge during days.
I opened another topic where I explained what happened to mine. Il calls "My Touchpad died"

#6 Stijnaw

Stijnaw
  • Members
  • 4 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC HD2
  • CM Version:
    ?
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:13 PM

When I plugged my TouchPad into a charger and pressed the power button my home button flashed like the movie posted above. The solution to fix this problem in my case was replacing the usb cable. It's very strange because my cellphone will charge with that cable but after plugging in another usb cable (the third one I tried) it took an half an hour and the battery image came up as in the first post of this toppic. Then after another half an hour the TouchPad restarted itself to my relief.

I hope this post can help other users. My TP really looked dead but this stupid cable fixed my problem.

Good luck and keep hoping, probably you can get it back to life one way or another!

#7 HPtouchpad19

HPtouchpad19
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    HP touchpad
  • CM Version:
    CM 7.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:59 PM

Hi guys,
After 5 days of that loop, and trying different things to no avail I put it on the touchstone (2 days ago). Regularly (every 10 hours or so) the screen would go blank and the solution was to turn the touchstone off at the wall for 15 or so seconds, then turn it back on. This morning I came down and the screen was blank, so I did this process again. This time the battery with the red line came up, and stayed up, and 15 minutes later it had booted up. Hope this helps some of you.

#8 leopardstone

leopardstone
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:31 PM

I have met exactly same problem, after so many try of nearly every method (press power + home button same time or any other combination) and an whole night tweaking, nothing works. always give dead battery symbol followed by white plug when press Power + home button. finally I figure out one simple solution to this. it is because my usb charge cable loose!!! what I did is to twist or move the cable head a little bit to make sure that dead battery symbol always there, and be stable. after just I finished  a shower, it boot up automatically! gesus, before I charge overnight on wall outlet, nothing happens. just because it cannot put juice into the battery. once it has a little enough it will boot up. hope this is helpful to you. by the way, I am using CM alpha 3.

Edited by leopardstone, 10 December 2011 - 03:01 PM.