Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

What are Profiles?

profiles

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 TheRoadrunner

TheRoadrunner
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:27 PM

View Postrcarljohnson, on 07 December 2011 - 01:08 AM, said:

A very thorough and fantastic profile manager is Phone Weaver. It does not work with the CM profiles, but adds a wealth of amazing profile power to your phone. It is definitely a must have app for my phone.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Thank you rcarljohnson for pointing me at Phone Weaver.
I have already forgotten all about CM profiles :)
Best regards
TheRoadrunner

#2 somebookey

somebookey
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    nexus one
  • CM Version:
    7.1.0-N1
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:24 AM

View Postbassmadrigal, on 05 December 2011 - 10:48 AM, said:

Profiles are like the old-school Nokia profiles, but on steroids.

Steroids, but also limitations, or am I missing something?

I am a new (and very happy) CM user, but I find these profiles settings very customizable, but not vey friendly.

Why isn't there a specific widget to rapidly change profile (car, home, office...) and why - above all - isn't there an icon to remind me which profile I am currently using?

I tried to eliminate all CM profiles but the default one (not removable), and to use the simple and easy profiles app, but it just doesn't work fine together with CM default profile: ringtones, notifications don't change properly ...

Will other "profile" apps work better with CM, any workaround?

Thank you in advance from an italian CM newbie ;)

#3 bassmadrigal

bassmadrigal
  • Administrators
  • 12912 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4
  • CM Version:
    10.2 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:31 AM

I have no idea. I know a lot of people praised them when they came in, but I have no desire to use profiles. All I do is silence my phone when I get to work and those other times it is necessary. I have never really looked into the profile options for CM and/or Android.

I do know there is a widget made by the person who coded everything for profiles, and it costs somewhere around a buck. And there are other apps out there. But what is good is something you will need to find for yourself (or from others... I know there were a few mentioned here).

#4 Emphyrio

Emphyrio
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogenmod 7.03
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:37 PM

View Postsomebookey, on 20 December 2011 - 10:24 AM, said:

I tried to eliminate all CM profiles but the default one (not removable), and to use the simple and easy

profiles app

, but it just doesn't work fine together with CM default profile: ringtones, notifications don't change properly ...

Will other "profile" apps work better with CM, any workaround?

This really is the one thing that I'm sorely missing. Automation apps like Tasker and Impel are unable to access Bluetooth and Wifi controls because Cyanogenmod has its firm claws in them :)

Does anyone know of an automation app that actually works with Cyanogenmod for Wifi/BT?

#5 Pebcak-

Pebcak-
  • Donators
  • 482 posts
    ca - Canada
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4
  • CM Version:
    CM 10.2
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:09 PM

Going to do a bit of necro posting here but is there any app that works with the CM profiles? I really don't need any notification at 0300 if I get an email.

Never mind, I was poking around and found a built in way to disable the notification lights in Quiet hours.

Edited by Pebcak-, 11 May 2012 - 04:24 PM.