Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Touch screen Not Working

HP Touchpad Touchscreen

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 JimmyFace

JimmyFace
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    HP Touchpad
  • CM Version:
    CM7 alpha 3
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:47 PM

I’ve had CM7 alpha 2 and alpha 3 on my HP Touchpad (32GB just so you know) and recently I've started experiencing a problem where I lock my touchpad using the button on the top and when I unlock it the next time I cannot control the screen at all. The screen rotates with the accelerometer depending how I am holding it but I cannot open anything or change the screen I am looking at. The main problem with this is that once it happens I can do nothing on the touchpad until the battery dies and I restart it (as the restart option of android involves holding down the power button and the pressing the "power off" on the screen).

Has anyone else experience any issues like this and does anyone know of a way to turn off the touchpad without waiting till it dies?

Battery is currently at 72% and in stand-by mode means I won’t be able to use it for another couples of days.

Any help appreciated.

Jimmy

#2 Towelette

Towelette
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Device Model:
    HP Touchpad
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:00 PM

I'm completely new to all of this, but I had a similar issue the other day where I stupidly locked myself into my own lockscreen and had to do a force restart.  I held down the power button with the home/center button for about 5 seconds and that took me back to the boot screen with the option to dual boot, shutdown, etc etc

#3 TooBadT

TooBadT
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    HP TouchPad
  • CM Version:
    Alpha3
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:58 PM

I had the same thing happen!  I pulled it out of my backpack and tried to start it up to check email.  Battery was at 72%... coicidence??  But the screen wouldn't respond to anything.  I tried rebooting too, but it wouldn't do it because you need to touch the screen.  Held down the power at the top, and the button on the bottom for long enough and reset it that way.  That's the only way I could get the screen to respond again.

#4 JimmyFace

JimmyFace
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    HP Touchpad
  • CM Version:
    CM7 alpha 3
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:38 PM

Thanks both, didnt know you could reboot that way in android.

very strange that it happens though :s

rebooted fine and touchscreen working fine.

i have noticed its only happened since i instaleld GTA 3 on it, no idea if that is just a coincidence or not.

#5 Shadowex3

Shadowex3
  • Members
  • 20 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Sprintercept/Touchpad
  • CM Version:
    Stock/CM9
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 24 December 2011 - 12:31 AM

Same problem, was going to start a thread about it when I saw yours. It's absolutely the top button that precipitates this, when I just let the screen time out on its own I can go days without an issue but turning off the screen via the top button brings it on virtually instantly.

Anyone up for getting some of the "turn screen off" apps designed for phones whose power button wears out easy and seeing if they cause it too?

#6 ezzie_g

ezzie_g
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:ezzie_g
  • Device Model:
    HP Touchpad
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:08 AM

I had the same issue also  freaked me out at first.  I thouhgt my fingers were not working....

#7 Airlesscorpse

Airlesscorpse
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Twitter:@Airlesscorpse
  • Device Model:
    HP TouchPad
  • CM Version:
    cyanogenmod 7 3.5 alpha
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:09 PM

Hmmm I have had a a problem where the screen is unresponsive some times I find powering off and on seems to fix it though but it's good to know about this issue if it happens at least I know it's not me :)

#8 wiSes

wiSes
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:35 AM

same thing happened to mines but it completely didn't respond after a two days of playing with the tablet. I sent it in, and at the moment hopefully fixing it.

#9 firefight16

firefight16
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    touchpad
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:37 PM

Since the Alpha 3.5 all three of my TP's have had this issue, scared me the first time as I lock my screen, it makes it even harder to reboot, but just keep holding down the two buttons and it will reboot, just takes longer.

#10 Shadowex3

Shadowex3
  • Members
  • 20 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Sprintercept/Touchpad
  • CM Version:
    Stock/CM9
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:21 PM

View PostJimmy Nguyen, on 28 December 2011 - 08:35 AM, said:

same thing happened to mines but it completely didn't respond after a two days of playing with the tablet. I sent it in, and at the moment hopefully fixing it.

Yeah, dude, all you needed to do was hold HOME+POWER for a bit until it rebooted and you'd've been fine...

#11 wiSes

wiSes
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:59 AM

View PostShadowex3, on 29 December 2011 - 11:21 PM, said:

Yeah, dude, all you needed to do was hold HOME+POWER for a bit until it rebooted and you'd've been fine...

I did all that. I just received my touchpad and it stopped working after 20 mins of playing with it then I let it sit for an hour or two,  and turned it on again it worked! Now, since I updated my webOS 3.0.4 it stopped working.... So at the moment i'm WebOS doctoring it now hopefully it works.

#12 Hckradm2005

Hckradm2005
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    HP Touchpad
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:08 PM

I just had the same thing happen to me. The screen was unresponsive after waking my tablet up. Thanks for the reboot tip and it fixed the problem.
The port is still in alpha so i'm not concerned or surprised that this happened.

#13 tramsek

tramsek
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Device Model:
    HP Touchpad
  • CM Version:
    CM7 Alpha 3.5
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:09 PM

I have the same issue, FWIW.

#14 Maria Fleming

Maria Fleming
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:31 AM

I have just had the same issue. Thanks for the reboot hint, it fixed the problem.

#15 atticus14

atticus14
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    Touchpad
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen 3.5 alpha
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:53 PM

I also just wanted to say you guys/gals aren't alone... This problem happened every once in awhile on the previous beta, but since I installed 3.5 its starting to happen once+ a day this last week.

#16 Chir

Chir
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    HP Touchpad
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:40 PM

I have experienced an issue where the touchscreen is not responsive, but I have always been able to fix it by tapping the power button (screen goes dark) and then tapping it again to wake it up.

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

#17 wiSes

wiSes
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:45 AM

I've sent my TP to HP so hopefully they get it fix and send it back. I'm missing my tablet.... =[

#18 Shadowex3

Shadowex3
  • Members
  • 20 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Sprintercept/Touchpad
  • CM Version:
    Stock/CM9
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:17 AM

View PostJimmy Nguyen, on 10 January 2012 - 07:45 AM, said:

I've sent my TP to HP so hopefully they get it fix and send it back. I'm missing my tablet.... =[

As has already been said: This is a software issue. Force-rebooting it will fix it.

Edited by Shadowex3, 14 January 2012 - 07:17 AM.

#19 wiSes

wiSes
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:03 PM

View PostShadowex3, on 14 January 2012 - 07:17 AM, said:

As has already been said: This is a software issue. Force-rebooting it will fix it.

It's not a software issue because I have done a force-reboot  and still it doesn't fix the problem.

Anyhow, I just received my TP from HP and they replaced it. According to the note they left in there, it said that the old TP wasn't recoverable.

#20 Zenkilye

Zenkilye
  • Donators
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    HP Touchpad
  • CM Version:
    Alpha 3.5
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:12 AM

I have the same issue too, force reset done the job