Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Can't pair/connect to BT mouse or keyboard with 7.1 Stable

mouse bluetooth keyboard Evo 4g CM7.1

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Braaainz

Braaainz
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • Device Model:
    Evo 4G
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:36 AM

I'm newly rooted (& a newbie).  I've flashed CM7.1 Stable. I have spent pretty much the entire day getting settings the way I wanted, downloading apps and arranging my homescreens and app catalogs.

I then decided to try using a microsoft notebook mouse 5000 and my Freedom Pro bluetooth keyboard.

I've used the keyboard with my Evo using SPP bluetooth (the keyboard can use either SPP or HID) using stock (rooted and unrooted) in the past without a problem.

Now, however... I can't get anything to connect at all.

I power up my bluetooth. I detect both the keyboard and the mouse without a problem. When I go to pair them, it keeps prompting me to enter my pin.  I do so, and then it doesn't do anything... other than sometimes prompting me to again enter the pin.

Once or twice after a battery pull it allowed me to pair with the keyboard, but I couldn't get it to connect. The phone then froze up requiring another battery pull.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 Braaainz

Braaainz
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • Device Model:
    Evo 4G
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:00 AM

I'm getting so &%^($&%(*#$ frustrated right now!!!!!!!!!  

Am restoring an earlier nandroid backup to see if some of the apps I've downloaded screwed things up.

#3 Braaainz

Braaainz
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • Device Model:
    Evo 4G
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:31 PM

Okay... PROGRESS!!! I worked all night trying to get this up and running.  I ended up starting over from scratch, testing everything from a virgin flash of CM7.1, then GAPPS, then visual voicemail, then my Titanium Backup.  Apparently, I had some data in my bluetooth files that was screwing things up. I emptied their caches and whoila!  

Unfortunately, I started getting force closings on my google apps about every 2 minutes after that :(

I tried rebooting several times, including restoring my earlier nandroid backup until I found the solution. I went thru all my google apps and emptied their caches, force closing 'em.  That did it!

Strangely enough, I can't pair my keyboard by SPP anymore, but it will pair by HID. This cost me the use of my special function keys, but the mouse support is more important.

I set up all my screens and life was good.  Well, until I started getting soft brickings stemming from LCD Density app. I even ended up crashing in recovery. Talk about feeling a little panicky.  Finally, I managed to get back into recovery and was able to repair permissions.

So, right now... home screens are up and bluetooth mouse and keyboard are working. Screen density is set at 180.  
Next up is HDMI out (was working great BEFORE I tried bluetooth devices) and then wiimote!

#4 Braaainz

Braaainz
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • Device Model:
    Evo 4G
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:19 PM

Okay, HDMI is working with VTL Launcher. Bluetooth mouse and keyboard are now working great!  I still get an occasional force close from the launcher (even when not HDMI'd), but it doesn't seem to hinder anything other than giving me a slight pause.

Surprisingly, special function keys are working.  I can control music and video playback easily from my keyboard.

I haven't tried Yahoo IM or Google Talk yet or used video while HDMI streaming (I did previously on Stock rooted, but not on CM)

All in all, it's coming together.  I'm going to try and get the wiimote working before calling it a night.

#5 Braaainz

Braaainz
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • Device Model:
    Evo 4G
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:57 AM

wiimote and classic wii controller both working. Shift lock doesn't work on my keyboard, but everything else is okay. Getting occasional force closings of ADW launcher and if I use HDMWin app my audio is totally screwed afterwards unless I reboot.  Still, my evo is now my primary computer.

#6 redraider90

redraider90
  • Donators
  • 162 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    EVO
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen7 nightly 130, stock kernel
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:53 PM

Ok, I see you are the only one who posted to the thread you started here, but I have some questions. I just bought a "mini bluetooth keyboard" a few weeks ago, and struggled mightily trying to get it to connect!
Now, I currently have been off CM7 for about 6 months, and am on a Sense build. I was getting ready to flash back to CM7.1 stable and may still do so soon, but I don't yet have Ice Cream Sandwich, and was waiting to get some of these things ironed out before I start flashing ROMs and kernels again.

What I stumbled across though the other night was a thread on a forum from a software developer saying HTC devices couldn't connect at all to BT HID peripherals due to some L2CAB driver or some piece of hardware not supplied in HTC phones.

So you're telling me here you do have an EVO4G and CAN indeed connect?
The keyboard I bought looks so generic, like many others, but apparently was manufactured by "Dopo" if you've ever heard of them!? I had not.

Anyway, before checking this forum, I hastily sent it back in as I determined it was totally undoable. But I'd REALLY like to get a BT keyboard, but one that can connect. I got paired with it, and that too, was tricky.

Did you discover that you had to enter code 0000 on your virtual keyboard, as well as immediately thereafter enter it on the physical BT keyboard? You had to for this other item, and it did pair after doing that.
Never could get connected, though.