Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

BlueTooth Audio?

bluetooth

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gary Pinkham

Gary Pinkham
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:48 PM

I recently flashed my stock Captivate with the latest stable CM build.. I paired the phone with my car stereo as usual.    Works fine as a phone but I can't get any of the music apps to play through the stereo.. they all play through the speaker on the phone..  (includes the stock music player, grooveshark and google music player)..  is there a setting I'm supposed to configure?  I worked fine with the stock rom prior to the "upgrade".  

Thanks!
Gary

#2 Gary Pinkham

Gary Pinkham
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:47 PM

ok..   so some more info.. I reset my car stereo (Clarion CX509).    Re-paired my Captivate with it..  again no problem there..   phone calls work..   but none of the music apps will play through the stereo..  again not sure if it's a Cyangenmod thing or just I don't have any apps capable of it..  (Grooveshark, default music player and google music).. I'd hate to just keep downloading music apps.. and I'd be really bummed that Grooveshark can't be played through it..   In the past with the stock rom I used Samsung music player..  it wasn't very good but you couldn't get rid of it.. :-)   At least it played through the bluetooth..  

any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks
Gary

#3 Gary Pinkham

Gary Pinkham
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:39 PM

ok..   so I noticed the maps navigation doesn't play the sounds through bluetooth either.. I know that worked on the stock rom..  given this and the fact that this rom is less stable than the original stock rom from samsung I'm switching back..  :-(   was looking forward to the improvements.. the stock rom crashed once or twice a week..  the cm7.1 rom crashed multiple times a day for me..    I'll keep an eye on it though..

good luck..
Gary

#4 Nick D

Nick D
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Twitter:IronPlumber
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    SGH-I897, SGH-I747
  • CM Version:
    CM11
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

I'm not sure of what your issue is, but I've been pairing my Captivate through an FM transmitter I got for Christmas.  I just paired the two and have played through Pandora, AmazonMP3, and Google Music.  I can't remember if I used the stock CM7 music app. Have you verified that your media volume setting isn't set to 0 when bluetooth is attached? I've got a few programs running that can reset that value and I'll get no audio.

#5 crlsgms

crlsgms
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Twitter:crlsgms
  • Device Model:
    milestone 2
  • CM Version:
    cm7
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:47 PM

Im having the same issue with my milestone 2. phone works, but gps, audio and whatsoever I play on the phone with bluetooth paired plays on the phone speakers. Iv tryed to remove the bluetooth device from the phone and the car audio but still the same way.

on stock rom all that worked, maps, audio, video and audio players, now i can only use the phone tools on the car radio.

wont back to the stock rom, since I have the opposite situation, the stock rom locked up many times a day, battery was very short and cm7 fixed those issues, but i simply lost my mysic on the car :( looking forward to fix it soon.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bluetooth