Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Nook Color won't boot from SD Card

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dadeadguy

dadeadguy
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    BNTV250
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:18 AM

I know that there are lots of posts on the different models and versions of the Nook Color. I purchased one for my daughter for christmas and was very dissapointed to find that B&N had it locked up tight into being an upgraded reader. I have been through all of the methods utilizing an SD card to boot and install CM7. I am fairly proficient at this stuff and I have had no luck getting the NC to even boot from the SD. It starts straight up with the installed ROM and then recognizes the card and all of the files and images I had bburned to it. Long story short, without browsing through hours more of posts, I am hoping someone can give me a quick yes or no answer. Can I boot and run CM7 from an SD card on a Nook Color with factory ROM 1.4 installed? I do not really want to void the warranty just yet, although it may come to that. Thanks to all the people who have put in the effort to assist those of us who have purchased this product. It really looked to be quite a machine but not so much with the Factory ROM.

#2 patruns

patruns
  • Members
  • 662 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
    C10.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:21 PM

If your device is truly BNTV250, you have a Tablet which is locked up and that has been known from day one.

#3 dadeadguy

dadeadguy
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    BNTV250
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:42 PM

Thanks! Damn...