Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

CM 7.2 Unofficial Build

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Spitemare

Spitemare
  • Members
  • 63 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Droid 2
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:44 PM

Since the official CM nightlies have stopped for 7.2 I have provided a newer build for users still using the Froyo-based CM builds. You can download the build here.

A few notes:
  • I take no responsibility for what this build does to your phone. Everything should work, but you know the drill.
  • This is the latest CM source, as off 2012-01-11 plus a few tweaks. None of the tweaks are major.
  • Only use this build if you're still running the Froyo kernel.
  • I'll update this build occasionally. This isn't going to be a nightly thing but more like a weekly thing maybe.
New things in this build:
  • MIUI-like battery bar
  • Camcorder auto-focus fix
  • Alt-lock support (finally!)
  • Charge only mode
The FM radio app was mistakenly included but doesn't work. It will FC when you try to launch it so there isn't any point in launching it. Let me stress that the FM radio will not worm at this time; I'm looking into it so maybe in a future build.

Another note: the camcorder doesn't record MMS correctly. The first few seconds of a video will be corrupted and show nothing but black. I'm looking into this as well. All camcorder modes don't record in portrait mode correctly either. This one has vexed me so it might be a long time before this one is fixed.

Feel free to post any questions or bug reports.

Edited by Spitemare, 12 January 2012 - 01:28 PM.

#2 GregMoens

GregMoens
  • Members
  • 45 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy Nexus (Verizon)
  • CM Version:
    MMuzzy
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:57 AM

Awesome!  I'll be flashing this tonight!  I'll let you know how it goes.  Is this is the same build you are currently running?

#3 GregMoens

GregMoens
  • Members
  • 45 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy Nexus (Verizon)
  • CM Version:
    MMuzzy
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:14 AM

ok, flashed successfully.  WiFi is working again!  Unfortunately the camera no longer functions, not even for still pictures.  The camera app opens, but does not respond to any touch events or the physical camera button.  After a couple seconds it says the app is not responding and the only thing you can do is force close it (or wait...but that doesn't seem to help).  I tried launching the camera and then locking the screen and then unlocking, that doesn't help either.  In addition, live wallpapers still don't work and neither does the physical ALT lock button.  Neither of those are big deals, but the the lack of a camera is not sitting too well with the wife! :)  I guess if she really starts complaining I'll flash her back to nightly 139.  Otherwise we'll just wait for CM9.

Thanks for doing this for the Droid 2 community!  If you post any updates I'll probably try them out.

#4 Spitemare

Spitemare
  • Members
  • 63 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Droid 2
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:03 PM

Hmmm... The camera thing is surprising. I'm running this exact build and I haven't had any camera problems; I've actually included not-yet-merged fixes for our camera and camcorder. Odd. Try clearing data for the camera app and see if that helps.

As for the live wallpapers and alt-lock, those are known issues and have been around since the beginning. The live wallpapers bug only affects the stock selection. LWs downloaded from the market seem to behave properly. The alt-lock key has been looked into before but it appears to depend on something in the blur libraries which we don't have.

#5 GregMoens

GregMoens
  • Members
  • 45 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy Nexus (Verizon)
  • CM Version:
    MMuzzy
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:37 AM

Clearing data for the camera app didn't help.  On the plus side...battery life has improved over the past day!

#6 nickdeoCM

nickdeoCM
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy SIII (VZN)
  • CM Version:
    10.1 20130524-Nightly-d2vzw
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

Thanks for your continued support of the Droid 2. I love the return of predictive dialing in the dialer. I am having a problem with my WiFi catcher now. It is not picking up any available networks at home or at work. I went into CWM and wiped Dalvik and partition cache to no avail. Any suggestions?

#7 GregMoens

GregMoens
  • Members
  • 45 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy Nexus (Verizon)
  • CM Version:
    MMuzzy
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:46 PM

I was able to solve my camera issue.  I initially tried downgrading to nightly 139 and the camera still didn't work.  Then I wiped system and cache and reflashed 139...still didn't work.  This confused me cause I thought roms only write to system, oh well.  Then I backed everything up and wiped data and cache and finally the camera worked again.  And much to my surprise, WiFi worked too.  So whatever problem I had with WiFi the first time around with 139, it did not happen again.

Things are looking good now.  I'm not touching anything until CM9 is stable, I'll wait as long as it takes! :)

#8 duncantuna

duncantuna
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • Device Model:
    Moto Droid
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:17 PM

Question for Spritemare.. I'm at nightly #139 .. my phone says the Build is 2.3.7 Gingerbread.   In the OP above, you suggest "Only use this build if you're still running the Froyo kernel."

So .. that seems to suggest I should NOT flash your CM 7.2 build.  Is that correct?

(Sorry, I'm not well versed in Android versions.  It doesn't make sense to me that CM7 could even be using Froyo... .. So, clearly I do not understand how this all works.  I'd have assumed CM7 updated the kernel to Gingerbread.)

#9 GregMoens

GregMoens
  • Members
  • 45 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy Nexus (Verizon)
  • CM Version:
    MMuzzy
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:34 PM

Nightly 139 and Spritemare's 7.2 build both use the Froyo kernel.  I went from 139 to Spritemare's 7.2 build and then back to 139 with no problems (other than my camera issue).  You should be fine.

By the way, due to the Droid2's locked bootloader, CM7 does not update the kernel.  Instead the stock kernel must be used.  There will come a time when CM7 for Droid2 is moved to the gingerbread kernel (http://forum.cyanoge...nel#entry283137).  When this happens, we will probably have to SBF back to stock to get the gingerbread kernel and then flash the new version of CM.  This confuses me too sometimes!

Edited by GregMoens, 11 January 2012 - 07:46 PM.

#10 Spitemare

Spitemare
  • Members
  • 63 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Droid 2
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:23 PM

Greg is correct. The official nightlies and my build are both meant to be used with the Froyo kernel. Now that Motorola has released the GB kernel it's past time for the official CM build to move to that base.

Unfortunately the auto update mechanism cvpcs was working on isn't finished but it feels wrong to delay the GB base any longer. For those of us still on the Froyo kernel we will have to go through a somewhat complex process to use builds using the GB base:
  • SBF back to the official Moto Blur Froyo release.
  • Update to official Moto GB release.
  • Root and install CM7-GB release.
As for good news, I have a new build ready. :) Check the first post for details and download link.

Edited by Spitemare, 12 January 2012 - 01:28 PM.

#11 Supercutetom

Supercutetom

Pants not needed.

• Donators
  • 6 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy S3
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogenmod 10.2.1
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:23 PM

I appreciate this. It is rather unfortunate that two months in and we still haven't received a nightly.

Oh wellz, back to Skyrim.

#12 duncantuna

duncantuna
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • Device Model:
    Moto Droid
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:21 PM

Worked great, thanks Spritemare.

#13 CorpAv8r

CorpAv8r
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HP Touchpad, Droid 2
  • CM Version:
    CM 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:03 PM

Awesome fixes...my D2 works great now! Thanks for your hard work, Spitemare!!!

#14 nomad5133

nomad5133
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:J_D_Matt
  • Device Model:
    Droid 2
  • CM Version:
    CM7.2 Unofficial
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:00 PM

Just installed this, works GREAT! Love it, but for some reason when I plug in my phone to the USB on my laptop, and click "Memory Card Access" for my USB Connection type, the drivers install, but nothing shows up on my computer. I've tried rebooting computer and phone, tried reinstalling drivers, any suggestions?

Also, the video player is not playing videos I've have saved on my SD Card forever, only plays 1 and the rest it says "cannot play this video"

Edited by nomad5133, 20 January 2012 - 01:24 PM.

#15 andreDESIGNZ

andreDESIGNZ
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:@andreDESIGNZ
    jm - Jamaica
  • Device Model:
    Nexus One
  • CM Version:
    CM-7.2
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:55 AM

I am not sure what's happening to my phone. I have the Google Nexus One. I'm running the CyanogenMod7.2.0 RC0, before i was running the CyanogenMod7.1.0 and before that Miuiandroid.

It was working perfectly and until a couple of days ago the camera and flash light stop working :( No matter what ROM i install it doesn't fix the issue.

1. When i select the Camera i am getting this error "Sorry! Activity Camera (in application Camera) is not responding."

2. When i select the Torch/Flash light it says its on but "No light".

3. With CyanogenMod the screen goes blank after a phone call :/.

I try so many different things and nothing seems to work. I wipe

Also when i flash Miuiandroid my phone keeps rebooting so i have to flash the CyanogenMod7, either way nothing fixed the problems.

Any ideas what could have cause these issues?

#16 Spitemare

Spitemare
  • Members
  • 63 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Droid 2
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:45 PM

You're going to want to post this in the Nexus One forum. This thread is specifically for the the Droid 2.

#17 nomad5133

nomad5133
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    Droid 2
  • CM Version:
    CM7.2 Unofficial
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:39 PM

View Postnomad5133, on 18 January 2012 - 05:00 PM, said:

Just installed this, works GREAT! Love it, but for some reason when I plug in my phone to the USB on my laptop, and click "Memory Card Access" for my USB Connection type, the drivers install, but nothing shows up on my computer. I've tried rebooting computer and phone, tried reinstalling drivers, any suggestions?

Also, the video player is not playing videos I've have saved on my SD Card forever, only plays 1 and the rest it says "cannot play this video"

Spitemare could you help me out with this?? ^^

Thanks! :)

#18 nomad5133

nomad5133
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    Droid 2
  • CM Version:
    CM7.2 Unofficial
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:48 PM

Oops, double post. =/

Edited by nomad5133, 24 January 2012 - 05:49 PM.

#19 chuckernorris

chuckernorris
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    droid 2
  • CM Version:
    cm 7.2
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:45 PM

Thanks so much! This fixed my glitching camera and now my video camera actually works. I think it did some other things that have been a little weird too. Very nice! Hopefully I'll be good till CM 9 comes out now.

#20 theknowtank

theknowtank
  • Donators
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    Droid 2 R2-D2
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:10 PM

Hi!

I'm REALLY loving 7.2.  It fixed the only issue I really had with 7.0 (the lack of T9 search), so I'm altogether happy.

The only issue I'm having is that WiFi won't go off and stay off.  I turn it off, and a few seconds later it's on again.

Ideas?