Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Official CyanogenMod Support for GT540

GT540 CM CM7 CM6 CM9 Cyanogen

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 ilovelg

ilovelg
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Twitter:m4nu4l
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    LG GT540 Optimus
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:12 PM

Greetings everyone, im writting here to ask for CyanogenMod devs to keep an official support for our oldie GT540, this device was left behind by LG long time ago with an last official update that was Eclair... People at 4pda.ru and xda have created Alot of CM6,CM7 and Almost full working CM9 Roms, but we kinda miss the official support and would like to receive it... We have Roms that still keeps our phone alive, but we feel that our phone dies slowly, since we miss devs more and more often...

Our device is 1,5 yealrs old, and was presented as a low-end device, but its nothing like that, our oldie can still run CM9 smooth and is able to run it even better then most devices...

Me and all the GT540 Community is beging you CyanogenMod Team, please add our device to official support.

We got, fully working CM6 port with .32 kernel
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1438335
Almost fully Working CM9 port, we only miss camera right now.
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1217581
Fully working CM7 port with .32 kernel
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1294516

We only miss the official support from you guys, please notice that our device was released only with .29 kernel, guys from xda developers have ported .32, .35 kernels and made them fully working.

Also......... http://review.cyanog...m/#change,10336
and.......... http://forum.cyanoge...-optimus-gt540/

Edited by ilovelg, 12 January 2012 - 09:34 PM.

#2 reD.

reD.
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Twitter:reDsrb
    rs - Serbia
  • Device Model:
    ZTE Blade III
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:32 PM

I agree.CM team can add to their team Mike Gapinski.HTC Tatto (Click) has CM support but we don't :(.It would be nice to have official CM from you guys,please replay :)

#3 Krauza666

Krauza666
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    GT540
  • CM Version:
    SwiftDroid Second Life v3
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:11 PM

LG p500 is less popular than our GT540. P500 received today first nightly build... Xperia X8 - hardware like GT540, have CM7. We have good unofficials releases of CM6, CM7 and CM9. Only we need official CM support for better support. Listen us!

#4 shinyshoes

shinyshoes
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:@leo90ae
  • Device Model:
    LG GT540 Swift
  • CM Version:
    SwiftDroid2.0 (CyanogenMod 7.1.0 based)
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:57 PM

I want official cyanogen support!

#5 coto39

coto39
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    ar - Argentina
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy S3 (i9300)
  • CM Version:
    10.2 Temasek Unofficial
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:34 AM

I want official support! Cyanogenmod team said they don't support devices with less RAM than 512mb and they support Motorola Droid who has 256 mb (the same as our phone!!)...
Our cyanogenmod roms are very good, very stable and fully functional, so: why we shouldn't have official support?

#6 anko13

anko13
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    LG GT540
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:44 AM

#7 quanqw

quanqw
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    GT540
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:41 AM

GT540 is very popular,I wish CM team will support it.

#8 tehcmn

tehcmn
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:@tehcmn
  • Device Model:
    LG GT540
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:17 AM

Holy sweet mother of.

THIS.

It's an awesome little device with so much potential. It just needs support. They can be picked up for next to nothing nowadays and they're so, so hackable, and a lot of data is available on its hardware.

There are already excellent (stable, fast and suitable for every day use) CM6, 7 and 9 ports to the Optimus so it's shocking that it has no official support

Its only downside is the lack of RAM -- 256MB phys 156MB usable -- but it barely hinders the functionality of the device. Besides 512MB seems a bit of an arbitrary barrier to me. Android is usable on as low as 128MB with work. As someone else mentioned as well, the Droid also has 256MB and has official CyanogenMod ports.

So yeah. +1 for this (created an account just to voice my support!)

#9 dragon291188

dragon291188
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    LG GT540
  • CM Version:
    CM7 | SwiftDroid SDSL v4 | Kernel 2.6.35.11+ | Miroslav_mm
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:14 AM

GT540 is one of first android phone and have a lot of user. We want official cyanogen support. Please support to us. Thanks.

#10 bfarkas

bfarkas
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    LG GT540 Swift
  • CM Version:
    CM7.2 2.3.7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:59 PM

#11 Velius

Velius
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    LG GT540
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:36 PM

Some GT540 users can turn up their processors to 900mHz! This phone has huge potential! What happens when cyanogen team will change the voltage.
Motorola Droid has 550 MHz processor and it is official cyanogen supported...
We need your support :unsure:

#12 ilovelg

ilovelg
  • Members
  • 5 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    LG GT540 Optimus
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:34 PM

bumping

Sent from my LG GT540 Swift using Tapatalk

#13 bassmadrigal

bassmadrigal
  • Administrators
  • 12912 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4
  • CM Version:
    10.2 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:46 PM

Saying you want official support isn't going to change anything. Talk to the people who ported it and have them get in contact with the dev team or submit their changes into gerrit. CM needs developers to support these devices, and if you already have a developer, why not have them stay as the maintainer of the source, with the rest of the dev community there for bug support or additional features.

In short, a thread with 1000 replies saying that CM should support a device will not help matters. Find a dev to support the device and go from there.

#14 Krauza666

Krauza666
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    GT540
  • CM Version:
    SwiftDroid Second Life v3
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:55 PM

View Postbassmadrigal, on 13 January 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

Saying you want official support isn't going to change anything. Talk to the people who ported it and have them get in contact with the dev team or submit their changes into gerrit. CM needs developers to support these devices, and if you already have a developer, why not have them stay as the maintainer of the source, with the rest of the dev community there for bug support or additional features.

In short, a thread with 1000 replies saying that CM should support a device will not help matters. Find a dev to support the device and go from there.

Look on first post. One of our dev say after talking with cyanogen that you don't support phones with less than 512 mb ram. But well, this is ridiculous because X8, HTC Tattoo, HTC Hero, HTC Magic, Xperia Mini Pro, have 256mb ram like GT540. And this is last word from cyanogen group. Just tell to our dev, "Yes, we will add your phones to our official devices".

#15 bassmadrigal

bassmadrigal
  • Administrators
  • 12912 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4
  • CM Version:
    10.2 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:46 PM

View PostKrauza666, on 13 January 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

Just tell to our dev, "Yes, we will add your phones to our official devices".

I have absolutely no control over how the dev group handles phones. I am just a moderator of the forum and am just here to try and help users with CM issues on their phones (and get rid of spam on the forums). I don't have any special contact or any magically red phone that when I pick it up, it automagically calls the dev team. In that matter, I am at the same level as all of you.

And with the 512MB limit, are you sure that may not be for CM9 (of which, the dev team is pretty focused on)? I believe I heard that a 512MB limitation *might* be the case with CM9, but I haven't seen anything specific on that (although, the CM team did announce there would be no support for the original Motorola Droid for future releases).

Currently, on github, all that has been posted (at least that you linked to) was the initial start for getting the code merged into the main tree (but none of the actual code). Has any of the developers actually followed up with this?

#16 ilovelg

ilovelg
  • Members
  • 5 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    LG GT540 Optimus
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:17 AM

bumping

Sent from my LG GT540 Swift using Tapatalk

#17 pcfighter

pcfighter
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:pcfighterPL
  • Device Model:
    LG GT540
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogenmod 7.1.0 by pcfighter ;)
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

I sent pull reqest looooooong time ago, but no one accepted.

#18 reD.

reD.
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Twitter:reDsrb
    rs - Serbia
  • Device Model:
    ZTE Blade III
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:58 PM

Bumping!

#19 bassmadrigal

bassmadrigal
  • Administrators
  • 12912 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4
  • CM Version:
    10.2 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:16 PM

View Postpcfighter, on 14 January 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

I sent pull reqest looooooong time ago, but no one accepted.

From what I can tell on there, only the initial vendor support has been sent, nothing of trying to merge the code in... (but I am not too familiar with the dev process).

And to everyone bumping this thread... it is not going to help. The developers do not frequent these forums. It is just users like you and me here. (I am still just a user and I don't have the ability to contact the dev team.)

#20 ivdok

ivdok
  • Members
  • 144 posts
  • Twitter:ivdok
    ru - Russian Federation
    Volgograd, Arctic sh*thole, called "Russia".
  • Device Model:
    LG P500 「Optimus One」
  • CM Version:
    Official CM7 Nightly #4 ----- CyanogenModNerfed - my WIP firmware for quick installation without needing of Internet nor Market
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:15 AM

View Postilovelg, on 12 January 2012 - 09:12 PM, said:

Greetings everyone, im writting here to ask for CyanogenMod devs to keep an official support for our oldie GT540, this device was left behind by LG long time ago with an last official update that was Eclair... People at 4pda.ru and xda have created Alot of CM6,CM7 and Almost full working CM9 Roms, but we kinda miss the official support and would like to receive it... We have Roms that still keeps our phone alive, but we feel that our phone dies slowly, since we miss devs more and more often...

View Postilovelg, on 12 January 2012 - 09:12 PM, said:

4pda.ru
I'm quite regularly read it, and can translate interesting posts for you.

Going back to the topic, CM 6,7 is reality for these devices, but not CM9. In most cases their (Optimus One and GT 540) differences are not wide, and app working on GT 540 => working on P500, and vice versa are common. But still, I don't think, what ICS will work at P500 at all, without making it slow and trashed.

Edited by ivdok, 15 January 2012 - 07:27 AM.