Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE (SHV-E120L)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Winterbitten

Winterbitten
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE
  • CM Version:
    None
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:41 AM

Hi Everyone!

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE here in China. Only after buying it did I find that it's a phone imported from Korea with a localized ROM added to it. The ROM is called "

组长1.2" and I could provide the developers (I think) website if it'd be of any help to anyone (just ask).

Now I'm worried about a few things. I don't have much experience with ROMS and maybe you guys could help me a little bit.

1) Would I be able to use the normal S2 CyanogenMod? Or could I revert it back to it's original state? I do this because I fear I won't be able to upgrade to ICS when it's released.

2) When ICS is released, I can't just upgrade to it right? I have to wait for the developer of this ROM to do something right?

3) If I take this phone back to the states with me, are there any problems I may encounter? Also how do I get my phone registered with Samsung? I tried getting the IMEI number and registering it online but it wouldn't accept it. Maybe I need to register on the Korean site?

4) What should I be doing... keeping this ROM? Going back to the original ROM? Putting Cyanogen or some other English ROM on it if possible? Actually the problem isn't that this ROM doesn't have English, just that I can't read the developer's site because it's in Chinese

Please forgive me if I used ROM wrong... not sure if I should say ROM or Mod or what...

#2 rafyvitto

rafyvitto
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • Twitter:@rafyvitto
    pr - Puerto Rico
  • Device Model:
    SGH-777
  • CM Version:
    My very own...
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:35 AM

That galaxy s II is currently not supported by any of the teamhacksung devs, you could try(if you have the skills/knowledge) to port the unofficial CM7 from the tmobile galaxy s II, since it has the same SOC and its been confirm that the galaxy s II with the qualcomm S3 chips are internally the same(exept for radios in the case of the tmoSGS2/att SGSLTE), but if you dont know how to port it, then you will have to wait for ether a CM7 maintainer for that device or for someone to port the qualcomm S3 SGS2 unoffical cm7 build to your device.

#3 Spon4ik

Spon4ik
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    il - Israel
  • Device Model:
    SGS II HD LTE (shv-e120l)
  • CM Version:
    sorg 5c
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:20 PM

Winterbitten, on 13 January 2012 - 02:41 AM, said:

Hi Everyone!

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE

2) When ICS is released, I can't just upgrade to it right? I have to wait for the developer of this ROM to do something right?

I'm waiting for the ICS too
great hardware and gingerbread doesn't make the job

#4 Swatcher

Swatcher
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    nz - New Zealand
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy S II HD LTE
  • CM Version:
    None
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:44 PM

Hey I've also parallel imported this phone from Korea, and I think mine also has this mod. How did you work out what the mod name was? And yes please, I would be curious to see the developers website.

#5 Spon4ik

Spon4ik
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    il - Israel
  • Device Model:
    SGS II HD LTE (shv-e120l)
  • CM Version:
    sorg 5c
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:28 PM

Swatcher, on 12 March 2012 - 10:44 PM, said:

Hey I've also parallel imported this phone from Korea, and I think mine also has this mod. How did you work out what the mod name was? And yes please, I would be curious to see the developers website.
how did you get

Recovery Image:

Cyanogen

?

Edited by Spon4ik, 07 July 2012 - 12:29 PM.

#6 bilal966

bilal966
  • Members
  • 5 posts
    pk - Pakistan
  • Device Model:
    SHV-E120L
  • CM Version:
    3.0.8-perf-E120L.UG31.1237-CL928767
  • Recovery Image:
    Other

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

same case here  i have galaxy s2 hd (SHV-E120L)
i need cynogen mod for this device? is it possible?