Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Cyanogenmod boot screen loop, need help

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 mrdisaster

mrdisaster
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • Device Model:
    droid incredible
  • CM Version:
    unknown
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:44 AM

I rooted my dinc about 6 months ago and never used a new rom, today for the first time i tried and failed miserably. basically i have a cyanogenmod stock 7.1.0 i think, boot screen that just keeps looping. Ive pulled battery many times and have tried to restore and recover but EVERY option just leads me to another frozen (orange with a hat) screen. am i totally screwed? Thanks guys! P.s. I have read a bunch of other threads about this and none of them pertain to my specific problem. thanks again

#2 mrdisaster

mrdisaster
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • Device Model:
    droid incredible
  • CM Version:
    unknown
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:13 AM

UPDATE:
I found another thread with a solution and by clearing the cahe from recovery i am now using cyanogenmod. i have good signal and my wifi is working but i forgot to add the google apps in my flash and i was wondering if there is a way to add it in for market, contacts and mail.? thanks again!

#3 Asherdu

Asherdu
  • Members
  • 14 posts
    nl - Netherlands
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire HD
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod 7.1.0
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:42 AM

Isn't to big of a problem, Just download the Google Apps for CyanogenMod7 from the Clockwork Rom Manager on your phone.
Start up ROM Manager.
Click on "Download ROM".
Search for, and click "Google Apps".
Select "20110828 Universal" and let the phone flash.

ROM Manager will ask for superuser permissions.

Edited by Asherdu, 15 January 2012 - 09:43 AM.

#4 mrdisaster

mrdisaster
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • Device Model:
    droid incredible
  • CM Version:
    unknown
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:36 AM

I downloaded google apps from cyanogenmod website, put the zip folder into the sd card, and when i try to flash it i get an error message about version 4. is not up to date. when i try to update it says that i am not a premium user. how do i become premium? i dont even have access to the market. Thanks for the response btw

is there an easy way to just undo this and go back to the stock rom? i want all my bookmarks, texts and apps. none of them are here on the new rom.

#5 Asherdu

Asherdu
  • Members
  • 14 posts
    nl - Netherlands
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire HD
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod 7.1.0
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:08 AM

You cant just 'undo' the flash, if you want to fall back to stock rom you need to flash it ;)
I believe you need to flash the Gapps right after flashing the rom.

So, download CyanogenMod7 from the site: http://download.cyan...able&device=inc
and Gapps (CM7 ;)) from the Cyanogen Wiki: http://wiki.cyanogen...ion/Google_Apps
Copy the 2 zip files to your SD Card

Im assuming you use ClockworkMod Recovery v5.0.2.0.
Reboot your phone in recovery. Select "Wipe data/factory reset" and when its done "Wipe cache partition".
Go to "install zip from sdcard". In the new menu select "choose zip from sdcard". Select the CM7 zip file now (update-cm-7.1.0-Inc-signed.zip) and wait until it is done, shouldn't take to long.
Select "choose zip from sdcard" again. Now select the Gapps zip (gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip), again wait until it is done.
Select "+++++Go Back+++++" and select the "reboot system now" to reboot the telephone.

The reboot will take a while, though believe somewhere near the 5 minutes, so be patience.
You can log in with your google account now, the market is installed (and some other programs). It will give you the option to download the remaining programs.

If you really want to revert back to the HTC Stock rom, I'm not sure how that is done :P Last time I reverted a HTC fone to stock was with my old Dream, needed to make a goldcard with that

#6 mrdisaster

mrdisaster
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • Device Model:
    droid incredible
  • CM Version:
    unknown
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:46 AM

thanks but none of this works, i just get this orange circle with a hat frozen screen when i select ANY of the options in recovery. i downloaded them, reboot in recovery and none of the options work. im so screwed. i cant even re-install the rom. what should i do?

I downloaded google apps from cyanogenmod website, put the zip folder into the sd card, and when i try to flash it i get an error message about version 4. is not up to date. when i try to update it says that i am not a premium user. how do i become premium? i dont even have access to the market. Thanks for the response btw