Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Newb here

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sm1l3y

Sm1l3y
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire HD
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:01 AM

Hey guys, new to the mod world and want to get into it, but ATM I am having problems with my phone.

It's a HTC Desire HD running CM7.1. The problem is, when I update my home screen with something, so such as turning on Wi-Fi through the Power Control widget, or updating my calendar and letting it appear on the smooth calendar, it doesn't appear. So when I turn on Wi-Fi, the little green bar doesn't appear. It appears a few hours later, maybe even the next day, and it's really annoying.

Also, does anyone know what good SetCpu settings are? Or should I just use the governors? How come some people have the smartass governor but I don't too?

Thanks for any help, Smiley. Sorry if this is in the wrong section, couldn't find a suitable area?

#2 Sm1l3y

Sm1l3y
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire HD
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:15 PM

Anyone???

#3 Ronnie2

Ronnie2
  • Members
  • 150 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    VZW LG G2 & AT&T HTC One
  • CM Version:
    CM11 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:12 PM

Those governers are from a custom kernel such as Lordmod or Unity. I use setcpu with Lordmod kernel, my main profile at 230mhz min and 1.22 ghz max with smartassv2 governer. Screen off profile is 122mhz min and 322mhz max with powersave governer. Those are just my cpu profiles, try some out and see whats best for you.

As far as the launcher not updating, try resetting the ADW Launcher settings and see if that helps.