Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

CM9 - error "Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped"

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 DarthPaul

DarthPaul
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HP Touchpad
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen 9
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:19 PM

I just installed CM9 and i cannot get past the setup wizard.  Has anyone been able to get past this error?

I have: gapps ICS4.0.3.11.12.22 and  moboot_0.3.5 installed.  And i used  ACMEInstaller2.

Thanks for the help.

Paul

#2 dhlee528

dhlee528
  • Members
  • 223 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    G2 // Touchpad
  • CM Version:
    CM7.1.0 // CM9 Alpha 2
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:27 PM

try installing again with this gapp

http://forum.xda-dev...&postcount=6044

also, you might need to format /system and install cm9 from scratch

#3 JAK

JAK
  • Members
  • 21 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HP Touchpad
  • CM Version:
    9.0.6 Alpha
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:04 AM

Use this gapps.

http://www.mediafire...12u43l7udkrlzx0

#4 DarthPaul

DarthPaul
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HP Touchpad
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen 9
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:19 AM

I removed Android using the ACMEUninstaller, and started again.  I did the exact same thing, as per the instructions,  And it is now working.  I guess there was a glitch in the Matrix.

btw, CM9 looks awesome.  Time to play.

Paul

#5 knicks

knicks
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HP touchppad
  • CM Version:
    webos
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:05 PM

I'm having the same error with the set up wizard stopping. I'm using ACMEinstaller5, and ran CM9 4.2.2, with gapps-ics-lite-20120429.

should I use the gapps-20111230?     Also is it because I'm rebooting straight from webOS instead of having a previously installed android?

please help, thx.

#6 Nevertells

Nevertells
  • Members
  • 1134 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HP TouchPad
  • CM Version:
    CM10 & CM10.1 & CM11
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:31 AM

View Postknicks, on 05 March 2014 - 06:05 PM, said:

I'm having the same error with the set up wizard stopping. I'm using ACMEinstaller5, and ran CM9 4.2.2, with gapps-ics-lite-20120429.

should I use the gapps-20111230? Also is it because I'm rebooting straight from webOS instead of having a previously installed android?

please help, thx.

CM9 4.2.2?  Gapps-ics-lite-20120429?  Post the exact file name of the files you used please.  I don't know what guide you are following, but if you are not careful, you are going to brick  your TouchPad.  I don't think much of what you have done so far is correct. Just stop for now, post exactly what you have done and what files you used.

#7 knicks

knicks
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HP touchppad
  • CM Version:
    webos
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:05 PM

I used skz-tenderloin-211-jb_422-12DE, jelly bean, which is in my downloads on my HP, then I installed update-gapps-ics_lite-20120429-signed.zip located in my cminstall  folder in my c: drive, all while having acmeinsTaller5 in my cminstall folder located in my pc, C: drive..   I wiped cache, then dalvik.. , the ran cm9, the ran gapps, when rebooting cynagen...it showed the error?
.  Do I need to install cm7 first? If so can you help me with a working one, with corresponding gaps and the regular ACME? Thanks, (never tells).

regarding my post,  (the cminstall folder is in my HP touchpad) the acmeinstaller5 and the gapps I ran are in my palms, inc folder, in my c: drive.

#8 Nevertells

Nevertells
  • Members
  • 1134 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HP TouchPad
  • CM Version:
    CM10 & CM10.1 & CM11
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:31 PM

STOP, STOP, STOP @ knicks!  Look at what you are saying.  You are apparently trying to install a version of Jelly Bean(CM10) and using a version of Gapps for Ice cream Sandwich(CM9).  No wonder you are getting errors.  It's fine that you are trying to  use ACMEInstaller5.  BUT, you don't install JB over the top of ICS and Gapps files are version specific.  It looks like you are putting ACMEInstaller5 in a cminstall folder on your PC.  That belongs in the Palm, Inc folder on our PC.  I asked you to explain what guide you are using and you did not do that, so I have no idea where you got   skz-tenderloin-211-jb_422-12DE or update-gapps-ics_lite-20120429-signed.zip.  I think it would be wise if you go read the OP at the link I am going to provide, watch the videos and then start over by using ACMEUninstaller2 to remove Android completely from your TouchPad and then following the instructions at that link and do it right.  And if you are still not sure of what you are doing after reading and watching the videos, ask questions first before blindly trying to do things to your TouchPad which is what you are doing right now.  There is a lot of good information in that thread, but I think you are very new at this and until you do have a grasp of what to do, you are in over your head. Don't get in a hurry, you have a lot to learn.    Here is the link:  http://rootzwiki.com...d-the-easy-way/

#9 knicks

knicks
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HP touchppad
  • CM Version:
    webos
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:29 PM

whoa calm down, yeah your right I did try to use the cm9 gapps_for a cm10 Rom,   I just did the ACMEuninstaller2 now.. So what do you suggest? I downloaded the gingerbread version, but I don't think I could extract the package that's suppose to have 4 files to put in the cminstall folder, it just shows a win__rar download. "download.PHP"  in my download manager.  Should I install the jb_422, but what is the RIGHT gapps_for it?   Sorry I watched a lot of YouTube tutorials.. Please help.

#10 Nevertells

Nevertells
  • Members
  • 1134 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HP TouchPad
  • CM Version:
    CM10 & CM10.1 & CM11
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:54 AM

It's obvious you need to sell your TouchPad!