Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Can someone help me with the ClockworkMod Recovery Captivate (MTD)

Captivate Rom Manager ClockworkMod Rom Manager has been set up cyanogen 7 ROM Install ClockworkMod Recovery (MTD)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 onson

onson
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S
  • CM Version:
    Captivate
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:37 AM

Hi

I rooted my Samsung Captivate by using SuperOneClick, I am I trying to install CM7.

From the Marked I installed the Rom Manager, but it fails to flash ClockworkMod Recovery Samsung Captivate (MTD). It says "Samsung Captivate (MTD) does not have an official supported ClockworkMod Recovery yet. Have you installed a ClockworkMod based Recovery manually? Yes/No"

If I choose 'Yes' and select ClockworkMod 2.x it says "Rom Manager has been set up to use your existing recovery installation."
If I choose 'No' then the message is "Sorry! Until ClockworkMod recovery is availble, ROM Manager will not work with Samsung Captivate (MTD).

I tried to install CM7 from SD Card, it just return the the Samsung reboot menu (3e). And it doesn't have an option to allow me to select "Install zip from sdcard"

HELP Please

#2 aiamuzz

aiamuzz
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • Device Model:
    LG Optimus Pro C660
  • CM Version:
    No Mods available yet for my device :( :( ;(
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:53 PM

1. Never try to flash a recovery that is not meant for your phone model

2. Yes, u can flash it manually

Sent from my LG-C660 using Tapatalk

#3 ForearmMuscle

ForearmMuscle

Hot Coffee Mafioso!

• Donators
  • 23 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC One XL (evita)
  • CM Version:
    CleanRom 6.5
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:15 PM

Have you found a solution to your problem? Or do you still need help?

Sent from my Captivate using Tapatalk

#4 fuzzyreets

fuzzyreets
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    ATT Captivate i897
  • CM Version:
    dont know
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:04 AM

Hi there.  I don't know if the OP needs help but I sure do.  I rooted my captivate tonight with ODIN and got ROM Manager installed but I have no clue what to do after this as far as ClockworkMod goes and such.  Here is the walkthrough I was using (http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1363760)

- First time flashing ICS to your Captivate (or coming from another ROM)?
  • Root your device and install ClockworkMod Recovery.
  • Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
  • Do a Nandroid backup!
  • WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
  • Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
  • Optionally install the Google Addon
That is a little vague for a newb so yeah I'm still on step one.  Help would be amazing.  Thanks.

#5 lo_pak

lo_pak
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    i896
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod-7.1.0-Captivate
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:33 AM

Seems like you haven't get rid of your "3e" recovery mode. I get stuck in this step for almost a week. ClockworkMod Recovery won't work until you have reflashed to a new Kernel with the purchase of Mobile Odin (can't get Odin working on the computer).

I downloaded CM7_Captivate_kernel_kang_20110504_r10_update.zip from the web and flashed it with ROM Manager. After that you should be able to get into ClockworkMod Recovery.

After you get ClockworkMod Recovery working, installing CM 7.1 should be quite straight forward following the instruction listed in the forum.

Hope that helps!

Edited by lo_pak, 26 January 2012 - 09:46 AM.

#6 rockard

rockard
  • Members
  • 68 posts
    se - Sweden
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4 (mako)
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod 10.1 nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:52 AM

View Postonson, on 22 January 2012 - 12:37 AM, said:

Hi

I rooted my Samsung Captivate by using SuperOneClick, I am I trying to install CM7.

From the Marked I installed the Rom Manager, but it fails to flash ClockworkMod Recovery Samsung Captivate (MTD). It says "Samsung Captivate (MTD) does not have an official supported ClockworkMod Recovery yet. Have you installed a ClockworkMod based Recovery manually? Yes/No"

If I choose 'Yes' and select ClockworkMod 2.x it says "Rom Manager has been set up to use your existing recovery installation."
If I choose 'No' then the message is "Sorry! Until ClockworkMod recovery is availble, ROM Manager will not work with Samsung Captivate (MTD).

I tried to install CM7 from SD Card, it just return the the Samsung reboot menu (3e). And it doesn't have an option to allow me to select "Install zip from sdcard"

HELP Please

First of all, please follow the instructions carefully: http://wiki.cyanogen...ll_Update_Guide
It doesn't say you need to be rooted (only needed if you want to install via ROM Manager), but it does say you need to use a kernel with ClockworkMod Recovery (for example SpeedMod kernel). You didn't do this step, did you?

When you're sure you've got a kernel with CWM Recovery, keep following the instructions. If you want to install via ROM Manager you need root. Personally I think it's more work with no benefits, it's easier to just copy to sdcard and install from recovery. I must ask, however: since you chose the ROM Manager way, why did you stop reading after "Select ClockworkMod 2.x"? If you'd just continue reading, you'd see your next step would be to download CM7 from within ROM Manager and then install it. Why on earth do you take "Rom Manager has been set up to use your existing recovery installation" as some kind of error message and stop? Please, follow the instructions carefully. People are alot more willing to help if you show that you've at least read what's in front of your nose.

View Postaiamuzz, on 22 January 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

Please stop spreading misinformation. Captivate (MTD) is the recovery you're supposed to select after you made sure you have the right kernel installed. Which phone model do you think it's meant for?

View Postfuzzyreets, on 24 January 2012 - 02:04 AM, said:

Hi there.  I don't know if the OP needs help but I sure do.  I rooted my captivate tonight with ODIN and got ROM Manager installed but I have no clue what to do after this as far as ClockworkMod goes and such.  Here is the walkthrough I was using (http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1363760)

- First time flashing ICS to your Captivate (or coming from another ROM)?
  • Root your device and install ClockworkMod Recovery.
  • Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
  • Do a Nandroid backup!
  • WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
  • Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
  • Optionally install the Google Addon
That is a little vague for a newb so yeah I'm still on step one.  Help would be amazing.  Thanks.
Well, if you'd taken the time to read the title ([ROM][ICS][IML74K] teamhacksung's CM9 ALPHA for Captivate (BUILD 15)) you'd see that it's A: an ALPHA (not something you'd want to deal with if you're a "newb") and B: an alpha for CM9. You're posting in a CM7 thread. If you want CM7, which has a stable release, follow the instructions for CM7 (http://wiki.cyanogen...ll_Update_Guide), not CM9 alpha. If you want to try out the CM9 alpha, post in that thread. I would'nt advise you to do so, though, if you're not experienced. And please, read stuff more carefully before you throw yourself into something.

#7 Fish Tickler

Fish Tickler
  • Members
  • 30 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    SGH-I897
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod-7.1.0-Captivate
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:37 AM

If you are having issues with getting CM7 on your SGH-I897 I highly recommend you watch the following video.

This video explains how you can revert back to stock (if you already have a different ROM flashed), how to get 3 button, how to use ODIN and basically everything you need to get this done for you.  I literally just watched this vid (I did my research before of course) and this was the easiest and best explanation I have found.

I hope this helps.

#8 Aimless Rambler

Aimless Rambler
  • Members
  • 7 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    SGHI897
  • CM Version:
    CM 7.1.0 Captivate
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

View Postaiamuzz, on 22 January 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

Did you figure it out? Or ... give up? I had the same issue with the default UCKB2 3E Recovery setup on my Captivate. I use Ubuntu on my PC and was too deft to setup ODIN in any sort of functional way that would detect my device with Linux. I had better luck accomplishing this with SDK, ADB and the terminal after researching in forums at the Xda-Developers site about the problem. 30 minutes later I had CM 7.1.0 flashed without a hitch. Well ... after I read in the CM forum about proper setup procedures. It helps to follow the steps verbatum. Ha.

http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=909213