Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Please could I have an overview?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ptrichardsonuk

ptrichardsonuk
  • Members
  • 17 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S2
  • CM Version:
    Stock 02 2.3.5
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:53 AM

Hi Folks,

I'm looking to buy a (standard) Sensation in the next week or so.

I have a Desire at the moment, running CM7.1 - and I found it to be a good improvement over the stock OS with Sense (although I did miss a few things that sense was good for).   I LOVED the increased battery life - it just about doubled.

Could someone give me a quick run down of the benefits in changing to CM for a Sensation?

IIRC, I'm not allowed to ask when ICS is coming, so instead I'll ask - Is it worth going 7.x, or wait for 9?

Thanks everyone

(in case anyone spots my similar post on the Galaxy S2 board, I am indeed looking to buy 2 phones to replace 2 Desires!  Although the other desire is still running stock HTC)

#2 davbran

davbran
  • Donators
  • 155 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    T-Mobile G2
  • CM Version:
    CM7 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:39 PM

I'm running stock, and won't run anything else on the phone until someone ports ICS to the phone, either CyanogenMod or HTC.

I have owned and run G1, MT3G, Nexus One, Samsung Vibrant, G2, MT4G and finally my Sensation.

I loved all my phones except the Vibrant, because it never lived up to the hype. I won't own another Samsung without being able to good with it for a couple weeks first. If you can't stand the phone stock, don't buy the phone to mod. Otherwise you're throwing your money away.

I have read a lot of posts about people saying that running Sense 3.0 just boss their phone down. I don't feel that at all. This phone has two cores and 536mb ram. It screams. I have tried a few mods, but I have this to say from personal experience, unless you like beta mods and only partial functionality of your phone, just root it and use it and wait for a fully functioning ROM.

This was my first native Sense experience. Sense 3.0 it's sexy, but I also like native AOSP. So, this isn't a fanboi post. Go to a store, see if they have it, see if you like. It's a lot of money, if you don't like it before modding it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk