Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Network or Sim error in call settings

call setting sim error cm7

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Yonny Zafrani

Yonny Zafrani
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:39 PM

Anyone encountered that problem?

I'm trying to enable my waiting call option in the call setting and I'm getting "Network or sim card error" I haven't had this problem in other ROM.
Any idea what can be the problem?

Thanks,

Yonny

#2 Yonny Zafrani

Yonny Zafrani
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:51 PM

No one can help? :(

#3 Puggered

Puggered
  • Donators
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:51 PM

I have never had a problem with call waiting on this or any other rom I have been on. Try flashing the latest nightly #181 and see if that cures the problem. It could be your carrier, did it work on a stock rom.

#4 Yonny Zafrani

Yonny Zafrani
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:01 AM

View PostPuggered, on 25 January 2012 - 02:51 PM, said:

I have never had a problem with call waiting on this or any other rom I have been on. Try flashing the latest nightly #181 and see if that cures the problem. It could be your carrier, did it work on a stock rom.

Thanks, I tried flashing the nightly build and I still have same problem (screenshot here). Through something weird happen, when tring to check the waiting call it got stuck even though I got the error message, but after a rebot it got unchedcked again and now when trying to check it I keep getting the error message and it wouldnt stick... Never had this problem on any other ROM only on CM7. It really disappointing since I really like this ROM.

#5 vinu_h

vinu_h
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

I've had this probem for over a month. I get that error when I choose 2g/GSM on a 32k SIM. I would go into detail if you want me to but a 64k SIM is the answer to the problem.

Other issues that I started to face along with that are;

1. Phone consumes battery even when it is turned off. I'm talking about a 50% drop in 8 hours(overnight).
2. With "NO" usage whatsoever, the idle time on a seasoned brand new battery is just 10 hours.
3. GSM/2g only works on a 64k SIM. 3g/WCDMA works on both 32k and 64k SIM's.

I bought my phone in the UK and am using it in India. The folks at the Samsung service centre are asking me to go for a new motherboard. Considering that my phone is 17 months old and out of warranty, I will need to pay £100 pounds if I went ahead.

Edited by vinu_h, 27 January 2012 - 04:53 PM.

#6 ntfreak

ntfreak
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:03 PM

This should be fixed now. However you will need to build yourself or get a kang somewhere.

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/11456

Cheers
Spen

#7 Yonny Zafrani

Yonny Zafrani
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:44 PM

I guess the aren't any plans on publishing new nightly builds with that fix and I'll have to wait for the stable version of CM9...

#8 Puggered

Puggered
  • Donators
  • 143 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:31 PM

View Postntfreak, on 27 January 2012 - 10:03 PM, said:

This should be fixed now. However you will need to build yourself or get a kang somewhere.

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/11456

Cheers
Spen

Search the market for "Kangaroo" or scan the QR code for my KANG updater app :)
Attached File  PUGKANG.png   1013bytes   1 downloads

#9 dn8ge

dn8ge
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:04 PM

hi ,can anyone help me i have a sansung galaxy 19000 and i unlocked it by rooting ,busy box, galaxy unlocker  
it has unlocked fine but everytime i want to make a call or a txt it says mobile network not available
i have a strong signal and wen i go to about phone it says im on orange  but my network state is disconected please help i only want to be able to call and txt  

please help guys

#10 Yonny Zafrani

Yonny Zafrani
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:06 PM

Thanks! The last build did seem to solve it. I'm not getting the error anymore.
Thank You!

#11 woonjas

woonjas
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:20 PM

I'll give it it a try this weekend, hopefully it'll also fix the frequent reboot issues (the main reason I left stock, but at least it boots faster now)