Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

difference between Optimus 2X - LG G2x ?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 gabrielrr

gabrielrr
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Device Model:
    g2x and optimus 2x
  • CM Version:
    idontknow
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:11 PM

so im gonna buy this phone but idk which one is better ? i wanted to know all differecens between them, like any android IOS difference?  please i need help :(

#2 ciwrl

ciwrl

Whose bright idea was it to put me in charge?

• Administrators
  • 1621 posts
  • Twitter:ciwrl
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    DS|N1|NS|G2|SGS|SGN|N4|N5
  • CM Version:
    [Latest]
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:13 PM

From what I hear, the G2x is more prone to hardware issues; get the O2X

#3 gabrielrr

gabrielrr
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Device Model:
    g2x and optimus 2x
  • CM Version:
    idontknow
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:24 PM

if anyone knows something else , Please post it here ! thank you !

#4 wewoapsiak

wewoapsiak
  • Members
  • 480 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    G2x
  • CM Version:
    Latest Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:35 AM

Haven't heard the G2x has more hardware problems, but then again I don't follow the O2x religiously.  Temasek might chime in on that one.

The have different chipsets and partitions.  The O2x has LG's overlay which has the transition speeds on crack to make it look awesomely fast, the G2x is pure vanilla Google.  T-Mobile has stated that the G2x has reached EOL, which a lot of people are taking to say it won't receive ICS.  I think LG has already announced that the O2x will have ICS.  The G2x has the hardware for FM radio, but its not connected up for some reason.

Before you go any farther, lets get something straight.  The G2x is LG's P999, but it's called the G2x b/c it was the next successor in T-Mobiles "G" series.  There are P999's that are called an O2x, Wind Mobile is one carrier off the top of my head that carries the P999 O2x.  Most of the time when you hear O2x, people assume P990; in fact XDA separated the threads for the P999 and the P990.  But the software is not transferable b/t the two.

#5 gabrielrr

gabrielrr
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Device Model:
    g2x and optimus 2x
  • CM Version:
    idontknow
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:39 AM

@wewoapsiak

View PostFrom 24 January 2012 - 12:35 AM:

Haven't heard the G2x has more hardware problems, but then again I don't follow the O2x religiously.  Temasek might chime in on that one.

The have different chipsets and partitions.  The O2x has LG's overlay which has the transition speeds on crack to make it look awesomely fast, the G2x is pure vanilla Google.  T-Mobile has stated that the G2x has reached EOL, which a lot of people are taking to say it won't receive ICS.  I think LG has already announced that the O2x will have ICS.  The G2x has the hardware for FM radio, but its not connected up for some reason.

Before you go any farther, lets get something straight.  The G2x is LG's P999, but it's called the G2x b/c it was the next successor in T-Mobiles "G" series.  There are P999's that are called an O2x, Wind Mobile is one carrier off the top of my head that carries the P999 O2x.  Most of the time when you hear O2x, people assume P990; in fact XDA separated the threads for the P999 and the P990.  But the software is not transferable b/t the two.

What is Ice cream sadwich ? like is it faster ? and if you ahd to buy one of those, which one would you buy it ?

#6 wewoapsiak

wewoapsiak
  • Members
  • 480 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    G2x
  • CM Version:
    Latest Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:29 AM

View Postgabrielrr, on 24 January 2012 - 12:39 AM, said:

@wewoapsiak

What is Ice cream sadwich ? like is it faster ? and if you ahd to buy one of those, which one would you buy it ?

ICS is Android 4.0 os. I don't have the option, so I can only tell you I love my g2x now that I've CM7 on it. But wouldn't actually buy either due the crap LG and NVIDIA put out and won't acknowledge. I'll eventually get another HTC, but I'm keeping my G2x for probably 2 or more years.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

#7 JGiftmacher

JGiftmacher
  • Donators
  • 14 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    LG Optimus 2X
  • CM Version:
    CM 7.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:54 AM

View Postwewoapsiak, on 24 January 2012 - 04:29 AM, said:

ICS is Android 4.0 os. I don't have the option, so I can only tell you I love my g2x now that I've CM7 on it. But wouldn't actually buy either due the crap LG and NVIDIA put out and won't acknowledge. I'll eventually get another HTC, but I'm keeping my G2x for probably 2 or more years.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

I've got an O2X and I'm of the same-ish opinion. LG are very slow to update the OS (if at all) and the lack of open source drivers/APIs from LG and nvidia slows community mod production down. Much as I love my O2X (now it has CM7 on it, no more of the random reboots that I got with LG's half-baked implementation), I couldn't recommend it over HTC/Samsung et al. Personally I wish I'd got a Sensation now :/.

Also, I'm pretty sure there's something amiss with the O2X's battery charging. Like many other people I've had the phone lock up on prolonged charging (from a wall socket) and that was with the stock ROM, it appears to happen less often now I have CM7 but it's still there (which makes me wonder if there's a firmware issue). I don't leave my phone charging over night so it's not an issue for me, but that may not suit everyone.

#8 gabrielrr

gabrielrr
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Device Model:
    g2x and optimus 2x
  • CM Version:
    idontknow
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:14 PM

Thank you guys ! thx for everyone here (: . have a great day yall !