Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Calendars not syncing in 9.0.0-RC0-Touchpad-alpha0.5

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 jasonbaskett

jasonbaskett
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:38 PM

I am currently getting sync errors for calendar (com.android.calendar) for Exchange and Gmail on Alpha 0.5 of CM9..  Is this a known issue??  I did not see this listed anywhere in the forum and didn't know if others are also seeing the same issue with sync errors..

#2 jasonbaskett

jasonbaskett
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:41 PM

Just found a post after submitting this about flashing gapp.  Trying that now...

#3 jasonbaskett

jasonbaskett
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:45 PM

Well, I re-installed gapps via CWM and still having sync errors..  is there another way to reflash or is re-install via CWM the same thing??

#4 mmark27

mmark27
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:33 AM

I have the same issue.  I tried to reflash and no good. No calendar syncing.

#5 imurrx

imurrx
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:41 AM

It was working fine for two days and now it will not synch, when I try to manually synch in the settings, it does not even have a  spot for it.

#6 TrentH

TrentH
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:47 AM

i actually had the problem after installing alpha 0, it shows up under sync as com.calendar.android, wouldn't sync. reinstalled alpha 1 and had no problems. Upgraded to alpha .5, and didn't notice until now, no calendar sync option under account sync :(

#7 aceflatie

aceflatie
  • Donators
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:44 PM

I had the same issue then applied gapps_fixer. This resolved the sync problem with the com.android.calendar sync error and I have my google mail calendar :) but it tells me in the Calendar app that my Exchange account has "No calendars". I double checked the sync is on in the accounts page. Does anyone else have Exchange calendar working (Exchange 2010 server)

FYI - Great work on getting ICS running. The browser is so fast!

#8 imurrx

imurrx
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:38 AM

I reinstalled gasps fix and and it fixed it.

#9 aceflatie

aceflatie
  • Donators
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:56 AM

View Postimurrx, on 26 January 2012 - 05:38 AM, said:

I reinstalled gasps fix and and it fixed it.
What version of gapps did you use?

#10 Fat McGee

Fat McGee
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:13 PM

I had all the issues and than I downloaded these gapps (http://www.mediafire...db9zc0mq1lj0gqe) and did a factory reset (clockwork mod). Now the calender works.BUT, after I reinstalled all my Apps by using Titanium Backup Pro, I ve got the same problem again. So I did it again to install the gapps from above and than the factory reset, and the calender is there again. Its now I am trying to just install the apps without the data. Lets see what will happen. I'll let you know...

Yes, after reinstalling the Apps without the data the calender is still there and it sync's. I am not going to find out which one is the one coursing this problem. Maybe one of you?

Edited by Fat McGee, 27 January 2012 - 04:04 PM.

#11 joker920

joker920
  • Donators
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:51 AM

Are other people still having problems with their calendar syncing?
I am using CM9 Alpha 0.6 and I can't get my stock calendar or my Jorte Calendar to synch.
When I go into : Settings - Accounts & sync : it says next to my gmail "Sync is currently experiencing problems.  It will be back shortly."

As I have said in previous posts, I see people talking about fixes and patches but many people saying that were on older versions of the Alpha, so I am assuming that any fixes would be incorporated in the newer versions.

Any suggestions?

#12 bhasden

bhasden
  • Donators
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:23 PM

View Postjoker920, on 04 February 2012 - 03:51 AM, said:

Are other people still having problems with their calendar syncing?
I am using CM9 Alpha 0.6 and I can't get my stock calendar or my Jorte Calendar to synch.
When I go into : Settings - Accounts & sync : it says next to my gmail "Sync is currently experiencing problems.  It will be back shortly."

As I have said in previous posts, I see people talking about fixes and patches but many people saying that were on older versions of the Alpha, so I am assuming that any fixes would be incorporated in the newer versions.

Any suggestions?

Not fixed yet. You still need to use the gapps fixer to resolve the syncing problem.

#13 joker920

joker920
  • Donators
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:17 AM

View Postbhasden, on 04 February 2012 - 09:23 PM, said:

Not fixed yet. You still need to use the gapps fixer to resolve the syncing problem.

That fixed it.  

Thanks!

#14 tenspd137

tenspd137
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:33 AM

I have tried flashing gapp_fixer etc, after wiping the cache, dalvik cache etc.  It won't sync with my exchange account at work.  My question is how can we get logging info or see what is causing it not to sync?  Anyone know how to do that?