Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

CM9 on Epic 4G

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 xwatchmanx

xwatchmanx
  • Members
  • 108 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Epic 4G
  • CM Version:
    CYANOGEN(mod) 7.2
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:30 AM

WHAAA??? You better not be trolling! :-p

#22 sonarchist

sonarchist
  • Members
  • 22 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    EPIC4G
  • CM Version:
    CM9_alpha4
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:03 AM

Working great!.........loving CM9!!!!!!.......jumped over w/ about same effort as loading a nightly, as I was backed up w/ fresh nandroid (N32)............AWESOME.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Edited by sonarchist, 31 January 2012 - 08:06 AM.

#23 Adam Forrest

Adam Forrest

Android Assassin

• Donators
  • 75 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy Nexus ToroPlus
  • CM Version:
    EOS nightly [Latest]
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:18 PM

Yep CM9 is great and for a alpha build its really far along so im really looking forwared to a ics daily driver we are so close but just not there yet.

#24 aurowl

aurowl
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    ua - Ukraine
  • Device Model:
    SPH-D700
  • CM Version:
    CM9
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:38 PM

not work 3g data(((((((((((((((

#25 Zeinzu

Zeinzu
  • Members
  • 129 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    SPH-D700
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod-9.0.0-RC2
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:48 PM

View Postaurowl, on 02 February 2012 - 05:38 PM, said:

not work 3g data(((((((((((((((
Yes it does. Re-download everything, wipe, and start over fresh and clean.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

#26 maracuya

maracuya
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Device Model:
    SGH-T959
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod-7-11102011-NIGHTLY-Vibrant
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:46 AM

Quick question.
Why is it that the Samsung Epic 4G (SPH-D700) currently has a nightlyfor CM9 and The Vibrantdoes not? Do they not have the same specifications? I guess the quick answer would be that there is no current development for the CM9 on Vibrant, but couldn't someone make it compatible?
Thanks.

#27 Pvt.JoKeR

Pvt.JoKeR
  • Members
  • 59 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Epic 4g
  • CM Version:
    CM 9 Beta 1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

View Postmaracuya, on 06 February 2012 - 07:46 AM, said:

Quick question.
Why is it that the Samsung Epic 4G (SPH-D700) currently has a nightlyfor CM9 and The Vibrantdoes not? Do they not have the same specifications? I guess the quick answer would be that there is no current development for the CM9 on Vibrant, but couldn't someone make it compatible?
Thanks.

Those are the CM7 nightlies, there is no nightly for CM9 on any device that i've seen yet, and that being said i've heard they're going to weeklies, instead of nightlies (i can only assume it's the compile time necessary for ICS vs GB for the switch to weeklies)

#28 maracuya

maracuya
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Device Model:
    SGH-T959
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod-7-11102011-NIGHTLY-Vibrant
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:35 AM

View PostPvt.JoKeR, on 06 February 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

Those are the CM7 nightlies, there is no nightly for CM9 on any device that i've seen yet, and that being said i've heard they're going to weeklies, instead of nightlies (i can only assume it's the compile time necessary for ICS vs GB for the switch to weeklies)

Thanks.

#29 Pvt.JoKeR

Pvt.JoKeR
  • Members
  • 59 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Epic 4g
  • CM Version:
    CM 9 Beta 1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:26 AM

and alpha 2 is out for CM9! weeee!

#30 christophocles

christophocles
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:christophocles
  • Device Model:
    EPIC
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

OpenVPN is missing from the VPN types in the system menu.  I am guessing it has not yet been merged in CM9 upstream?

#31 cyMthey

cyMthey
  • Members
  • 24 posts
  • Twitter:Mum_m_enthey
    de - Germany
  • Device Model:
    SPH-D700
  • CM Version:
    CM9
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

Yesterday I changed from CM7 (with WIMAX) to CM9 Alpha 2. I'm impressed, very impressed! Many thanks for giving this phone an astonishing lunge out to a wondrous ICS!
I love my Epic 4g, have read over it also in German Android websites and that it is unfortunately only manufactured for Sprint, USA and not for Europe. Because I'm living in Mexico with operators on CDMA y EVDO I had the chance to buy this phone and activate it in Iusacell.

Which odyssey to get radio and SMS working with my telephone number porting of a non CDMA operator! But it was worth the trouble although Iusacell didn't had the competence or willingless to give me 3g data access.

For this reason I started to learn about CDMA phones, Android and so on.

I read accurately the item "Before you Install CM9" and y followed in the same manner. But with this "Wipe Everything" which perhaps has to include a factory reset I feared to loose my configuration for Iusacell I had made with QPST before changing to CM7! I didn't wipe everything, but I wiped the rest twice.

So I had the amazing oportunity to watch at this wonderful ICS intro many times, when I started to use ICS on my Epic 4g. With the strange feeling that ICS has a sort of inner self healing process at least I found my apps, saw apps updating without setting up my Google account, each crash and reboot  arranged much of that which wouldn't go afore! I didn't had the time to check all the facilities which offers the new system, but it seems as stable as CM7 that I used before. WiFi is very stable and not so delicate when signal strength diminishes.

Is there any oportunity to give to the phone a configuration menu for data access? To go from Sprint to Verizon, Virgin Mobile or U.S. Cellular perhaps could be performed by OTA - I don't have any idea. But I read that there are of problems to change PRL. Anyway my operator Iusacell cannot grant to my SPH-D700 any 3g data access. But now with ICS I have EVDO signal!

Anyway, many thanks again. I'm excited with ICS, it's a new feeling and a wonderful apearance.

I'm writing on my iMac, and, sorry to say that,  Android and CM really represent  today something especial what in the days of IBM PCs Apple had represented - but has lost: The taste of freedom!

Edited by cyMthey, 09 February 2012 - 06:56 PM.

#32 cyMthey

cyMthey
  • Members
  • 24 posts
    de - Germany
  • Device Model:
    SPH-D700
  • CM Version:
    CM9
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:51 AM

Just I found in (CM9) System settings  / System  /  { } Developer options an item ADB over Network!
I hate the connection via USB and Windows on VMware or a Windows Laptop because many times Odin lost connection while working. And only with a lucky hand I could see starting a COM connection at all. Read a lot about the USB Driver and cable discussion.
In Google Market there is an app "adbWireless" to connect computer and phone over WiFi and the IP address shown in About phone  / Status. But googling there you can find commands much elementary.
I hope this feature will be helpful to do a lot of configuration work!

#33 8ctopus

8ctopus
  • Members
  • 9 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    SPH-D700/Epic4G
  • CM Version:
    CM9
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:56 AM

Found a CM9 bug.  The volume rocker buttons do not work in a call if the screen is disabled (phone to your ear).  You have to pull the phone away to activate the screen and then the volume buttons work.

Hope this helps someone.

#34 8ctopus

8ctopus
  • Members
  • 9 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    SPH-D700/Epic4G
  • CM Version:
    CM9
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:10 AM

I also found that the lock screen delays do not work.  I set it to not activate the lock screen for 15 seconds after I turn off the screen but it locks instantly.

#35 Robbie Doo

Robbie Doo
  • Donators
  • 60 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    GS III
  • CM Version:
    CM 11
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:21 AM

It's a slick rom. Everything works just great. The only problem I have is the battery life is almost 3 times less than what it used to be. Any suggestions?

#36 cyMthey

cyMthey
  • Members
  • 24 posts
    de - Germany
  • Device Model:
    SPH-D700
  • CM Version:
    CM9
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:47 PM

Robbie Do wrote: The only problem I have is the battery life is almost 3 times less than what it used to be. Any suggestions?

Don't have any suggestion, but really, the rom also seams to work hard nightly. But I noticed the same problem all over the day.

#37 youncester

youncester
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    EPIC 4G
  • CM Version:
    CM9
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:07 PM

1st off... Lovely ROM... VERY smooth indeed... Noticed a bug that could cause the battery problem and possibly some others.. Background data continues to work even though you turn off account sync. You are able to access the market without having to turn the account sync/background data on. Kind of cool but I think it is draining the battery.. its allowing words with friends and all that cool stuff to send notififactions :)

#38 youncester

youncester
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    EPIC 4G
  • CM Version:
    CM9
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:26 PM

View Postyouncester, on 11 February 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

1st off... Lovely ROM... VERY smooth indeed... Noticed a bug that could cause the battery problem and possibly some others.. Background data continues to work even though you turn off account sync. You are able to access the market without having to turn the account sync/background data on. Kind of cool but I think it is draining the battery.. its allowing words with friends and all that cool stuff to send notififactions :)
This might be related but I am still getting background processes.. Go to settings/developer options/scroll down to apps/ background process and change to no background processes. I am gonna see how this works..

#39 cyMthey

cyMthey
  • Members
  • 24 posts
    de - Germany
  • Device Model:
    SPH-D700
  • CM Version:
    CM9
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:28 AM

Installed CM9 again with CWM from alpa2 zip and now it has been stable for a couple of days. No suddenly crash using an app I hadn't used before with CM9! Had a large app updating process this time after installing CM9 and most of the apps now are looking very different in ICS style.

But after getting in Airplanemode and getting out sometimes shows up "Unfortunately, Clock has stopped." So also when tapping the clock widget to set alarm. I had to install another alarm-clock app to wake me up in the morning and to remember me to due days of my datebook.

Has anyone of the CM9 alpha users also this bug? Thanks.

#40 Robbie Doo

Robbie Doo
  • Donators
  • 60 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    GS III
  • CM Version:
    CM 11
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:49 PM

View PostcyMthey, on 10 February 2012 - 02:47 PM, said:

Robbie Do wrote: The only problem I have is the battery life is almost 3 times less than what it used to be. Any suggestions?

Don't have any suggestion, but really, the rom also seams to work hard nightly. But I noticed the same problem all over the day.

I noticed the battery life is much better with Alpha 3.