Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Constant reboot after flashing

Sensation

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bart_w

bart_w
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Sensation
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:51 AM

Hi there!

I rooted my phone today and applied Cyanogen Mod 7.1 on my HTC Sensation. All according to the steps in the wiki. I rebooted after the flash procedure was finished, but than it showed the loading screen of Cyanogen Mod for a long time. The animation was working, so the phone wasn't locked. That took about 2min. After that, it rebooted itself, showed the animation again and rebooted within 10sec again. It has been doing that indefinetly now for about 15min. I think this is not correct and I'll try to restore previous version via back-up, so I can use my phone again.

Any ideas where this went wrong? I used:

update-cm-7.1.0-SelfKANG10-Sensation-signed.zip

and

gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

Help? Thanks in advance!

#2 gol_n_dal

gol_n_dal
  • Members
  • 36 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    Sensation
  • CM Version:
    CM7a10 (with Faux kernel)
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:42 AM

View Postbart_w, on 05 February 2012 - 10:51 AM, said:

Hi there!

I rooted my phone today and applied Cyanogen Mod 7.1 on my HTC Sensation. All according to the steps in the wiki. I rebooted after the flash procedure was finished, but than it showed the loading screen of Cyanogen Mod for a long time. The animation was working, so the phone wasn't locked. That took about 2min. After that, it rebooted itself, showed the animation again and rebooted within 10sec again. It has been doing that indefinetly now for about 15min. I think this is not correct and I'll try to restore previous version via back-up, so I can use my phone again.

Any ideas where this went wrong? I used:

update-cm-7.1.0-SelfKANG10-Sensation-signed.zip

and

gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

Help? Thanks in advance!

Hmm a couple of suggestions:
1: Try the superwipe script from: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1098849 in the first post in the Downloads section Then just install the ROM as usual through CWM.

2: Are you running 10.56 or later radio ?  If not put the new radio on the phone.  The 10.58 radio also works, look at: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1178143

3: Did you use RomManager or CWM to install CM7 ?  I haven't used ROM Manager for a long time I seem to always use CWM now.  My usual flashing method is: Nandroid Backup, SuperWipe, install the ROM though CWM.  If it's a minor change e.g. like a new kernel (again all through CWM), wipe Cache, wipe Dalvik Cache, install kernel.

#3 bart_w

bart_w
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Sensation
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:13 AM

Hi gol_n_dal, thanks for your fast response!!

View Postgol_n_dal, on 06 February 2012 - 08:42 AM, said:

Hmm a couple of suggestions:
1: Try the superwipe script from: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1098849 in the first post in the Downloads section Then just install the ROM as usual through CWM.
OK, will do so as next step. Does this erase my SD card as well? So, let's say I make a backup, do a SuperWipe and then restore the backup, will that work? Just in case. I would like to have my options open as the perfect backup recovery saved me last weekend from having a non-responsive phone.

2: Are you running 10.56 or later radio ?  If not put the new radio on the phone.  The 10.58 radio also works, look at: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1178143
Yes, I am running 10.56.9035.00U_10.14.9035.01_M. That is sufficient?

3: Did you use RomManager or CWM to install CM7 ?  I haven't used ROM Manager for a long time I seem to always use CWM now.  My usual flashing method is: Nandroid Backup, SuperWipe, install the ROM though CWM.  If it's a minor change e.g. like a new kernel (again all through CWM), wipe Cache, wipe Dalvik Cache, install kernel.
I used CWM, as I followed the instructions on this forum (please don't shoot if I used the wrong instructions, I just took the first post on Google that looked solid).

Also small double-check: I used the correct files to flash? Because it was very hard to find the CM7.1 file for Sensation.

Thanks again!

#4 gol_n_dal

gol_n_dal
  • Members
  • 36 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    Sensation
  • CM Version:
    CM7a10 (with Faux kernel)
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:09 PM

View Postbart_w, on 06 February 2012 - 09:13 AM, said:

Hi gol_n_dal, thanks for your fast response!!
NP

OK, will do so as next step. Does this erase my SD card as well? So, let's say I make a backup, do a SuperWipe and then restore the backup, will that work? Just in case. I would like to have my options open as the perfect backup recovery saved me last weekend from having a non-responsive phone.
I've used it many times and no SD Card format/wipe has happened to me.  Open up the zip and look at the script if you want to confirm.  As always backup it up if unsure.

Yes, I am running 10.56.9035.00U_10.14.9035.01_M. That is sufficient?
I believe that that's the one CM7 was tested against.  As I mentioned I used CM7 with 10.58 and it worked fine for me, as always YMMV.

I used CWM, as I followed the instructions on this forum (please don't shoot if I used the wrong instructions, I just took the first post on Google that looked solid).
Hmm, it mentions ClockworkMod 4, my phone is on v5.0.2.0, I guess 4 might be an issue so check your version.  I also used v5.0.0.8 which worked.   5.0.2.0 can be found at: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1242942

Also small double-check: I used the correct files to flash? Because it was very hard to find the CM7.1 file for Sensation.
Hmm, The link on XDA seems to be broken,  I found this here: http://wiki.cyanogen...n#HTC_Sensation again the link was broken ????

From the wiki page the MD5 of the ROM (7.1.0-alpha10-Sensation) is: md5: b59b57bd392d5ee5fa4ac82298722411.   I just checked and that's consistent with the CM7a10 zip file on my SD-Card.
If you get stuck I'll upload it but slow bandwidth and moving so it won't be soon.

Thanks again!

I've not used ROM Manager for a long time, it might have some options to help you.  Alternatively go for an ICS ROM (I like Virtuous Inquisition, albeit with a few random reboots) while we all wait for CM9 which is AOSP ICS.  You'd need to update the firmware though so read all the information thoroughly first if you decide to go down this route.

Have Fun.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sensation