Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

FM Radio Crashes and never starts again

FM radio crash

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 forza.stiinta

forza.stiinta
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:31 PM

The FM Radio app. that came with Cyanogem mod works for a while then all of a sudden "FM radio is loading, please wait" appears, and it never loads (this happens while the radio is on and working fine).

Sometimes this happens after 5 minutes, sometimes after 1h, so no time pattern. I also did not find a usage pattern. Whether I leave the phone untouched or surf the web, it still freezes.

The only way to get it back working is rebooting the phone.

I tried killing the radio app, clear its cache / data, kill all radio / bluetooth related services / apps, nothing. Only rebooting the hpone will make it work...

Does anyone have any solutions?

#2 Liquidviper

Liquidviper
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:59 AM

I have the same problem but I know that isn't CM7 fault. On the stock ROM, ( with motoblur and the stock radio FM) I had the same problem, and with two diferents Defys ( my first one was stolen) too.

#3 berna_gt

berna_gt
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:01 PM

Last weekend i had this kind of problem too! :/

#4 forza.stiinta

forza.stiinta
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:15 AM

Then it looks like this is a motorola issue... too bad, I am a radio listener... i constantly have to reboot my phone...

#5 Teitn

Teitn
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:03 PM

I think it's a task/memory management issue, with other android cellphones/radio this causes the problem, and when you put the radio software in "always on" works fine. I can't find that kind of option in CM 7.1 or others ROMS, maybe this help to some one to solve this B)