Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Google Account Calendar Sync Issue

Google Account Calendar Sync Google Account Calendar Sync

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel Mateus

Daniel Mateus
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:28 AM

Basically I'll add an account and it won't sync the calendar and yet it'll sync everything else with ease. I'm going to attempt to delete and add it again to see if it can be solved.

I  would normally use it for meeting times for organizations I'm part of in college.

Anyone encounter this type of issue before and know a fix?

Edit 1: Re-added the accounts. No avail. Gonna try to restart and such.

Edited by Daniel Mateus, 15 February 2012 - 05:47 AM.

#2 bhasden

bhasden
  • Donators
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:48 PM

You probably need to flash the gapps fixer if you are running CM9 and haven't done so already.

#3 sekots

sekots
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:51 AM

I've had this problem since the day I installed CM9 and nothing works.  Surprised there are not more posts about this?

#4 bhasden

bhasden
  • Donators
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:55 PM

View Postsekots, on 16 February 2012 - 12:51 AM, said:

I've had this problem since the day I installed CM9 and nothing works.  Surprised there are not more posts about this?

I also faced the same issue and if you search the forums, you'll see that most people report that flashing the gapps fixer will resolve the calendar sync issues.

#5 callit

callit
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:34 PM

I have the same problem. Gapps fixer didn't work for me.  It hasn't been a big enough issue for me to spend a whole lot of time on it though. I figure somebody will release a fix that makes it just work in due time.

#6 Daniel Mateus

Daniel Mateus
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:56 PM

View Postbhasden, on 15 February 2012 - 03:48 PM, said:

You probably need to flash the gapps fixer if you are running CM9 and haven't done so already.

How does one go about flashig gapps?

And yes it's CM9

#7 Katie Soto

Katie Soto
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:32 AM

How to install GApps:
  • Place the latest GApps zip file in the root directory of your TouchPad’s storage (or in a folder that you can remember).
  • Press-and-hold the power button to reboot the touchPad.
  • From the Moboot menu, choose ClockworkMod.
  • Use the volume keys to scroll down to the entry that says “install a zip from SDcard” and tap the home button to select.
  • Using the volume and home keys, highlight the zip file and select it.
  • Scroll down to select yes.
  • When it’s done installing reboot into CyanogenMod.

#8 helal94

helal94
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:27 PM

I have had this problem aswell since the first install. Is there no fix for this. It says my gmail has no calendar but it clearly does

#9 sberk

sberk
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:28 PM

FOUND A FIX FOR GOOGLE CALENDAR SYNC!!!!!

HP Touchpad/CM9alpha2

I've struggled with this for days. Last attempt was to export calendar from Gmail, load onto Touchpad and install from zip. It was there, but installation from Clockwordmod aborted, indicating "no file"!! So here's what I did (you may not need to do all of these, but worth doing everything).

On my device, the sync setting showed Gmail, browser, photos BUT NOT CALENDAR. Earlier CM7 showed calendar sync but greyed out and message, "problem with calendar sync").

1). For good measure...go to Settings> Apps>All>Calendar and clear data on Calendar app also do same on Calendar Storage
2). download Gapps latest version (gapps-ics-20120224). I think this was the key to the whole problem!
3). download Gappsfixer
4). load both zip folders onto Touchpad (I copied to CMS Install folder)
5). Flash within Clockworkmod and voila!

On my device, it loaded two Gmail calendars successfully and synced immediately when I added a test entry.

Good luck!!

#10 jps04001

jps04001
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:38 PM

I was able to get my Google Calendar to sync after flashing gapps_fixer.zip via clockworkmod.  I got this file from tux-head.net.

I am running the 20120329 nightly build without any issues.  Not sure what version of gapps I am running.  Does anyone know how to tell?

#11 callit

callit
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:09 AM

Alright, so about a week ago I decided to to a clean install when I started using nightlies.  Wiped cache, wiped dalvik, factory defaulted, upgraded to nightly, upgraded gapps to latest (Mar 17), and everything worked magnificently for about a week.

Tonight, both my google calendar and my exchange calendar decided that not only are they not going to sync any more, but they're going to go ahead and delete/ignore any appointments they already had.  Calendar is totally blank now.  I've tried the standard fixes (flashed the APR 12 CM9 nightly, reinstalled gapps, installed gapps fixer, cleared cache, cleared dalvik).  No luck.  

I'm really not in any mood to factory wipe again just to get the calendar to start syncing again.

Oh, and I have the bug where Settings>Apps>(app) usually just says "Computing..." and the Clear Data and Clear Cache buttons never light up, so I can't clear data from within CM9.

No idea what else I can try, but calendaring is kind of a major feature that I would love to get working reliably.  (I know, change of tune from my previous post, but I've realized just how useful it is to have my calendars in one place).