Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

CM9 A1 Wifi

Wifi

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 anidutta

anidutta
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:28 AM

I have just updated to CM9 A1 from CM7 A3.5. Update went smooth, Gapps installed etc. But i'm still having issues connecting to wi-fi! Anyone else with the same issue? Suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks
Ani

#2 Mark Korpela

Mark Korpela
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:52 AM

Sounds like you could be having router/firmware problems. Never had a wifi problem with mine. Webos, a0, a05, a06, a1.

#3 njlhatton

njlhatton
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:34 AM

Hi, I've installed the A1 yesterday, it was my first CM install.

I have no problems at all (so far) with WiFi. My router is a Freebox (V5), I believe it uses a Ralink RT2880 802.11n "draft 2.0" wireless chipset inside.

edit: I'm using WPA (TKIP+AES). Still no problem after two days. Updated to Alpha2.

Perhaps this could help the developers (if they are interested) to gather a list of chipsets that work and that don't in a dedicated topic ?

The install went just smoothly, I just got a frightful yellow exclamation mark with the droid after a reboot following the gapps 11 .zip download (why it detected this as a package and asked for reboot I don't know). But the next reboot was just fine.

AWESOME JOB from the TP CM team !!!!

Edited by njlhatton, 23 February 2012 - 11:30 AM.

#4 deadringer

deadringer
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:57 PM

I was having issues with Wifi where it would drop everytime the device went to sleep. Around the same time I had purchased a netbook for my daughter. The netbook coudld not connect at all so I switched form WPA2 to WEP for the security and I have not had a single issue with Wifi on either device since.

Can you confirm the type of Wireless security you are using. If it is not WEP would you switch to WEP to see if that helps with your Wifi issue.

#5 anidutta

anidutta
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

I have a Linksys WRT320N router. I am using WPA2 security.
I hjave disabled security and still i can't connect. My other wireless devices are connecting fine though. I am going to try to flash CM 9 A2 tonight and check. Thanks for your time.

#6 deadringer

deadringer
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:27 PM

The last thing to try to confirm that the issue has nothing at all to do with your home netwrok would be to try and take the device to a friend's house and try to connect there. I am sure you already have done thins but this is the only way i can get the thought out of my head :)

#7 anidutta

anidutta
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:15 PM

I've updated to CM9 A2. I got the wifi to work finally by simply changing the SSID name on my router!!!! I had an alphanumeric SSID,changed to just alphabets. Working with WPA2/WPA security. Haven't played around with CM9 A2 much, so can't comment on other features. But i did check YouTube HD was working fine. Haven't checked out netflix. Thanks for all your suggestions.