Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Serious battery issues

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 MacMan2625

MacMan2625
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:59 PM

hey all,

I'm having some apparent hardware, maybe software problems with my battery. For a few weeks now, it's been touchy about how it charges. At first, it appeared to depend on the charger, on certian ones it would disconnect a minute after plugging in. After a few weeks, it seems to do it on even the factory charger. Sometimes, if I put it down just right (after using an app, or not turning the screen off, or something, never got the exact process down), it would stay charging as normal. Now, it won't connect for more than a minute, at all. I haven't been able to get it above 18% for a while now.

I figured I'd charge it to 100 while powered down, to see if that could help. No dice. It will charge for a minute or so, then the charge light will turn off, flash for a milisecond, then the green light will flash for a milisecond, and then it would go back to "charging".

I'm assunming due to the problem happening even while it's off, that it's a hardware issue of some sort. I reset the battery stats the last time I flashed CM7 (after the inital problems started happening), no help. Anybody have any similar problems, and can offer some help? The flashing has me worried that it's trying to tell me something bad has happened.

#2 MacMan2625

MacMan2625
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:23 AM

I reset my batt stats (only thing I could think to do), and I went from 18 to 47% upon restart. I left it off and charged it for a while and when I used it, it went from 47 ro 23 to 12 to 3 in the span of an hour or two. I think I shlould reset batt stats, keep it off, try to get it charging off overnight, then reset batt stats when (hopefully) the light is green in the AM (100% charged).

#3 atljatl

atljatl
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

From everything you have described, this sounds like the dreaded 'bad evo 4g charge/usb port" issue.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

#4 AskinAlexandria

AskinAlexandria
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:16 PM

I'm sure you've already found the issue but for anyone else to stumble upon this, I had the same issue and it turned out to be what atljatl said above, the charging port went bad. And unfortunate for me, as did my charger shortly after.

#5 elkinsj

elkinsj
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:10 PM

I'm having similar issues, not quite the same though.  To me it sounds as if, as stated above, your charging port is done for.  As for myself, I can see that my phone is connected to the charger.  It shows that the phone is charging, but it never exactly fully charges.  I can leave it on the charger all night long from a 5% charge and by morning maybe have 20%.  I have tried resetting battery info but to no avail.  I have heard of a full battery callibration but that requires a full one hundred percent charge, resetting the battery info, a full discharge, and another full charge.  That should only take me about a fortnight to achieve.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#6 illumilore

illumilore
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:34 PM

I've been having charge issues for a while. The phone would just stop charging after few hours, or sometimes charge really slowly. I thought it was a bad port after changing out the htc evo 4g usb charger 3 times, but later, I switched to a charger for the htc incredible instead (the usb cable is perm. attached to the wall charger, vs the evo charger which has a female usb port on it) and that seems to have fixed it, as I haven't had any issues yet. The only problem with that is that the cable is a bit short. The evo 4g charger model included with the phone has proven to be absolute garbage for me.

#7 Wile-E-Coyote

Wile-E-Coyote
  • Donators
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

I had serious problems with battery life (reduced to about 3 to 4 hours) but it turned out to be a voicemail issue. I followed the instructions for installing VM with Titanium backup, which just caused a massive drain (VM using 42% of battery). Deleted VVM and was off to the races.