Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Cyanogen Rom not working!!

failed

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 thecrazyone

thecrazyone
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy S2 I900
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

My phone is the GT-I9100
baseband: I9100XXKI1
andriod version: 2.3.4
Kernel: 2.6.35.7-I9100XWKL1-CL809037root@Dellbuilder12#2
Build number: Gingerbread.XWKI4

I downloaded the new nightlies rom off the ROM manager and tried to install it and came up with the E: signature error so then i spent hours of looking at different posts on way to try and get round this with no success. Then i thought i'd try installing anything else to see if it would work but no matter what i install i get that frustrating E: signature and Verify error...

Can anyone help me on this matter as i feel i have wasted money buying the rom manager and i can't install anything that it has to offer cause of that stupid E: signature crap!

I'm probably making a silly error but have no idea as this is the first time i have ever tried installing custom roms

hopefully you guys n girls can help me out on this matter

#2 itmanCH

itmanCH
  • Members
  • 25 posts
    ch - Switzerland
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy I9100
  • CM Version:
    some nightly's
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

... and you surly missed that post that states "don't use ROM-Manager"... right?

so soldier on ... and use CWM instead...

happy ... what... reflashing it is...

#3 thecrazyone

thecrazyone
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy S2 I900
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:39 PM

where can i get this CWM? and how do i use it do i boot it using odin? if so how what boxes do i need to make sure are checked?

#4 itmanCH

itmanCH
  • Members
  • 25 posts
    ch - Switzerland
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy I9100
  • CM Version:
    some nightly's
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:14 AM

Well then: phone still working? and you're able to boot into recovery mode? That's pressing "volume-up"+"home-button"+power on... If so put a rooted-kernel like siyah or fluxi on your internal sd-card. Siyah http://www.gokhanmor...hkernel-2-6-13/ or fluxi: http://fluxi.xda-hos...XX.07-FINAL.zip

Just to be on the save side, download cm7 latest and hottest nightly from the download section - google-apps too. Put everything on that internal sd-card and do the recovery combo... choose "install zip from internal..."

flash the kernel - flash cm7 (twice!) and the gapps-thingy

enjoy...

happy key-pressing...

#5 StevenHarperUK

StevenHarperUK
  • Members
  • 13 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    Samsung S II I9100P
  • CM Version:
    CM9 Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:56 PM

View PostitmanCH, on 13 March 2012 - 07:14 AM, said:

Well then: phone still working? and you're able to boot into recovery mode? That's pressing "volume-up"+"home-button"+power on... If so put a rooted-kernel like siyah or fluxi on your internal sd-card. Siyah http://www.gokhanmor...hkernel-2-6-13/ or fluxi: http://fluxi.xda-hos...XX.07-FINAL.zip

Just to be on the save side, download cm7 latest and hottest nightly from the download section - google-apps too. Put everything on that internal sd-card and do the recovery combo... choose "install zip from internal..."

flash the kernel - flash cm7 (twice!) and the gapps-thingy

enjoy...

happy key-pressing...

I got stuck a bit last night doing this.
The latest Kernel ZImage linked from the Wiki only lets you install ZIPS from the INTERNAL SD, not the removable one
.Luckily I had made a full backup in CWM so I just restored by backup and moved the Zips about.

I did have a look around to see if I could find another Kernel (zImage) with  a newer version of CWMod that had the Install Zip from External SD.

Does Siyah or Fluxi have a new enough ClockworkMod with these options on?

Obviously this won't be a problem one we get Kernel source and have the ability to mount the Internal SD in CWMod.

#6 itmanCH

itmanCH
  • Members
  • 25 posts
    ch - Switzerland
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy I9100
  • CM Version:
    some nightly's
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:47 PM

fluxi:Custom sexy Touch ClockworkMod xxRecovery 5.5.0.4 komplett Customized & Rebuilt
siyah:Custom CWM compatible Redpill Recovery from af974

all fairly new...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: failed