Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Froyo Kernels by slayher

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 slayher

slayher
  • Members
  • 65 posts
  • Twitter:@layherdaddy
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Droid 1
  • CM Version:
    Exodus v1.0.0
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:22 AM

I have decided to go ahead and release my kernels to the public.  I have spent a few days reading and researching, and have come up with a kernel that I believe runs very smooth, responsive and cool.

As with all modding and hacking, I am not responsible for any damages, pregnant wives/gfs, or missing items from your phone, or bedroom.

***For those having issues with WiFi, flash the latest nightly, let it boot, then flash my kernel.  There were some issues that have been fixed.***
***For FC's with Google Goggles insmod ipv6.ko.  It relies on the ipv6 and FCs without it.  The module is there you just have to insert it***

Basic features:

-All governors installed, including the new interactive governor.
-Configured very close to what the CM kernel would be.
-Includes all modules.  Not all maybe used but all modules from the compile are included.
-Includes the IP Tunneling modules.  I do not use VPNs or Tunneling, so I can not verify if this works.
-Low Voltage values for the stock Speeds, as well as What I think are low for the Overclocked Speeds.
-Every kernel has 7 slots.
-Supports Temp reading from the on-die sensor

I want to give a huge thanks to:
Bekit
JDLFG
P3Droid
CEnnis91
SGX
Dustin Jorge (Temp Monitor Support)
and the author of the interactive gov. (who ever you are)

Links:

VERSION 1.6 adds Compcache.  Also new wifi module, and has ipv6 fix, and TUN.  
Download Compcache script to allow it to work with CM. Here

If you are having issues with "Wifi Error" try this driver  Put it in /system/lib/modules
IF you are Having BOOT LOOPS Install this zip Wifi Fix

NEW! Download 1200 Now Version 1.6
NEW! Download 1100 Now Version 1.6
NEW! Download 1000 Now Version 1.6
NEW! Download 900 Now Version 1.6
NEW! Download Stock Now Version 1.6

Download 1200 Now 300,500,700,900,1000,1100,1200
Download 1100 Now *Also known as the CEnnis91 Special* 250 to 1100  <------ =)
Download 1000 Now 250,400,500,600,700,900,1000
Download 900 Now  300,400,500,600,700,800,900

Download 1200 Standard Voltage Now
Download 1100 Standard Voltage Now
Download Stock Speed/voltage Now

Alittle info about interactive gov:

2.6 Interactive
---------------

The CPUfreq governor "interactive" is designed for low latency,
interactive workloads. This governor sets the CPU speed depending on
usage, similar to "ondemand" and "conservative" governors. However
there is no polling, or 'sample_rate' required to scale the CPU up.

Sampling CPU load every X ms can lead to under powering the CPU
for X ms, leading to dropped framerate, stuttering UI etc..

Scaling the CPU up is done when coming out of idle, and like "ondemand"
scaling up will always go to MAX, then step down based off of cpu load.

There is only one tuneable value for this governor:

min_sample_time: The ammount of time the CPU must spend (in uS)
at the current frequency before scaling DOWN. This is done to
more accurately determine the cpu workload and the best speed for that
workload. The default is 50ms.

Edited by slayher, 27 August 2010 - 04:33 PM.

#2 CEnnis91

CEnnis91
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:34 AM

They are very nice, trust me, check them out.

#3 mr4r4n

mr4r4n
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    |3|
  • CM Version:
    CM6 Nightlie 8-15
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:06 AM

the gov and everything sounds cool, ima dl it now and report back

#4 BoddhiC21

BoddhiC21
  • Members
  • 28 posts
  • Device Model:
    |3|
  • CM Version:
    PL3x
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:45 PM

Hi, I'm looking forward to trying the new governor, but I can't seem to be able to use any of the three kernels. They all boot up but within a few seconds of reaching the home screen, they all reboot back to the Motorola logo.
On my Droid, I can't get ultralow voltage kernels to boot. I can get low voltage ones to work up to 1GHz, standard to 1.1GHz and medium voltage to 1.2GHz.
Is there any chance you could come up with a bit higher voltage kernel? It would be greatly appreciated.
Using CM RC3.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Edited by BoddhiC21, 16 August 2010 - 02:49 PM.

#5 phin123

phin123
  • Members
  • 24 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Moto Droid
  • CM Version:
    Latest Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:16 PM

View PostBoddhiC21, on 16 August 2010 - 02:45 PM, said:

Hi, I'm looking forward to trying the new governor, but I can't seem to be able to use any of the three kernels. They all boot up but within a few seconds of reaching the home screen, they all reboot back to the Motorola logo.
On my Droid, I can't get ultralow voltage kernels to boot. I can get low voltage ones to work up to 1GHz, standard to 1.1GHz and medium voltage to 1.2GHz.
Is there any chance you could come up with a bit higher voltage kernel? It would be greatly appreciated.
Using CM RC3.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Exact same results here.

Moto Droid - CM RC3.

#6 rockingondrums

rockingondrums
  • Members
  • 318 posts
  • Twitter:beatsandmelody
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    SGN VZW
  • CM Version:
    CM 10.1 nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:30 PM

I will give these a try.

I hope these kernels don't have that little bug some of P3Droid's have. Where, if you set the regular behavior of SetCPU to conservative and reboot, if you go back to SetCPU it's in "ondemand" mode. Not a deal breaker or anything as my phone is usually not reboot by my choosing...

EDIT: Oh, BTW, can you please list all the cpu frequencies for each kernel? It really bugs me when I don't know what they are before flashing it.

Edited by rockingondrums, 16 August 2010 - 07:30 PM.

#7 Creepy

Creepy
  • Donators
  • 160 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Droid 1
  • CM Version:
    CM 6.1.2-stable
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:48 PM

I installed your 1.2Ghz kernel on RC3 and it works well.  I am having one issuse though and it's related to google goggles. With stock RC3 or jdlfg's 1.2Ghz LV kernel I don't get this error but with yours I do. It's an immediate force close on every startup of goggles. Here is my log on the error.

W/System.err( 1938): java.net.SocketException: Bad address family
W/System.err( 1938):    at org.apache.harmony.luni.platform.OSNetworkSystem.connectStreamWithTimeoutSocketImpl(Native Method)
W/System.err( 1938):    at org.apache.harmony.luni.platform.OSNetworkSystem.connect(OSNetworkSystem.java:115)
W/System.err( 1938):    at org.apache.harmony.nio.internal.SocketChannelImpl.connect(SocketChannelImpl.java:272)
W/System.err( 1938):    at org.apache.harmony.nio.internal.PipeImpl$SinkChannelImpl.finishConnect(PipeImpl.java:164)
W/System.err( 1938):    at org.apache.harmony.nio.internal.PipeImpl.<init>(PipeImpl.java:48)
W/System.err( 1938):    at org.apache.harmony.nio.internal.SelectorProviderImpl.openPipe(SelectorProviderImpl.java:51)
W/System.err( 1938):    at org.apache.harmony.nio.internal.SelectorImpl.<init>(SelectorImpl.java:141)
W/System.err( 1938):    at org.apache.harmony.nio.internal.SelectorProviderImpl.openSelector(SelectorProviderImpl.java:58)
W/System.err( 1938):    at java.nio.channels.Selector.open(Selector.java:48)
W/System.err( 1938):    at org.apache.http.impl.nio.reactor.AbstractMultiworkerIOReactor.<init>(AbstractMultiworkerIOReactor.java:145)
W/System.err( 1938):    at org.apache.http.impl.nio.reactor.DefaultConnectingIOReactor.<init>(DefaultConnectingIOReactor.java:76)
W/System.err( 1938):    at org.apache.http.impl.nio.reactor.DefaultConnectingIOReactor.<init>(DefaultConnectingIOReactor.java:84)
W/System.err( 1938):    at com.google.wireless.android.apps.unveil.httppipe.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:116)
W/System.err( 1938):    at com.google.wireless.android.apps.unveil.httppipe.Channel.createInitAndSetConnection(Channel.java:221)
W/System.err( 1938):    at com.google.wireless.android.apps.unveil.httppipe.Channel.<init>(Channel.java:199)
W/System.err( 1938):    at com.google.android.apps.unveil.network.ChannelUnveilConnector.reopenChannel(ChannelUnveilConnector.java:112)
W/System.err( 1938):    at com.google.android.apps.unveil.network.ChannelUnveilConnector.<init>(ChannelUnveilConnector.java:70)
W/System.err( 1938):    at com.google.android.apps.unveil.UnveilApplication.getAsyncConnector(UnveilApplication.java:100)
W/System.err( 1938):    at com.google.android.apps.unveil.CaptureActivity.sendPing(CaptureActivity.java:803)
W/System.err( 1938):    at com.google.android.apps.unveil.CaptureActivity.onAuthSuccess(CaptureActivity.java:653)
W/System.err( 1938):    at com.google.android.apps.unveil.AuthenticatedActivity.onActivityResult(AuthenticatedActivity.java:70)
W/System.err( 1938):    at com.google.android.apps.unveil.AuthenticatedActivity$AndroidSdk5Authenticator.run(AuthenticatedActivity.java:236)
W/System.err( 1938):    at android.accounts.AccountManager$10.run(AccountManager.java:1138)
W/System.err( 1938):    at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:587)
W/System.err( 1938):    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
W/System.err( 1938):    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
W/System.err( 1938):    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4627)
W/System.err( 1938):    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
W/System.err( 1938):    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521)
W/System.err( 1938):    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:868)
W/System.err( 1938):    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:626)
W/System.err( 1938):    at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

Edited by Creepy, 17 August 2010 - 02:39 AM.

#8 Walker

Walker
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:kjwalk3r
  • Device Model:
    |3|
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:49 PM

Been using the 250-1100 kernel for around 12 hours now, and from what I can tell so far it's amazing.  The Interactive governor looks really good.  Can't wait to test a bit more.

#9 chikimonke

chikimonke
  • Members
  • 120 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Droid
  • CM Version:
    CM7 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:34 PM

All I have to say is wow. Only been running for a short while on the 8/16 nightly but I'm impressed. The p3 lv 1200 was my kernel of choice but if the battery life proves well here you've got yourself a new fan. High 1600's in quadrant consistently, high 1400's used to be my norm. The 1200 kernel is sweet. Thanks!

Edited by chikimonke, 16 August 2010 - 09:35 PM.

#10 slayher

slayher
  • Members
  • 65 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Droid 1
  • CM Version:
    Exodus v1.0.0
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:44 PM

I tailored the voltages around what worked well with my phone.  It sounds like a few of you are just not having luck with my low voltage settings.

I will try and get some higher voltage kernels out this evening.

Creepy that is a weird error.  That is an error in the harmony libs, but it may be related to the voltage being too low for you too.

#11 BoddhiC21

BoddhiC21
  • Members
  • 28 posts
  • Device Model:
    |3|
  • CM Version:
    PL3x
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:56 PM

Slayher, thanks for addressing the voltage issues so quickly. As soon as the new higher voltage kernels come out I will give them a spin  :)

#12 slayher

slayher
  • Members
  • 65 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Droid 1
  • CM Version:
    Exodus v1.0.0
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:58 PM

There is one uploading right now.  Its only the 1200 cause it was the easiest at this time to do

#13 slayher

slayher
  • Members
  • 65 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Droid 1
  • CM Version:
    Exodus v1.0.0
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:02 PM

Link to first SV kernel is up.

#14 chikimonke

chikimonke
  • Members
  • 120 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Droid
  • CM Version:
    CM7 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:04 PM

Slayher, I just tried enabling wifi and it rebooted my phone and got stuck in a boot loop until I reflashed the p3 kernel. I know jdlfg had wifi issues with his too, might want to hit him up? Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. Thanks.

#15 BoddhiC21

BoddhiC21
  • Members
  • 28 posts
  • Device Model:
    |3|
  • CM Version:
    PL3x
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:16 AM

Thanks, 1200SV boots for me. I can't run it at 1200 as it freezes on the setCPU stress test, but it runs great at 1100. Haven't had time to see how well the interactive govenor works. Will give feedback later.

Edited by BoddhiC21, 17 August 2010 - 12:16 AM.

#16 adefran83

adefran83
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Incredible
  • CM Version:
    Latest Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:31 AM

View Postchikimonke, on 16 August 2010 - 10:04 PM, said:

Slayher, I just tried enabling wifi and it rebooted my phone and got stuck in a boot loop until I reflashed the p3 kernel. I know jdlfg had wifi issues with his too, might want to hit him up? Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. Thanks.
I had this issue too

#17 mr4r4n

mr4r4n
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    |3|
  • CM Version:
    CM6 Nightlie 8-15
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:38 AM

running the 1200 made it reboot, but clocking it down to 1100 made it fine, i switched to the 1100 kernel (lv) using the interactive gov, using it hard on 500-600 during usage and set to lowest speed on screen off running the 8-15 nightly, smooth as silk, wifi and everything works awesome,battery meter says 30 after 12 hrs of med-heavy usage (much better then normal) safe to say this is my main kernel now, thank you so much for your hard work!

#18 slayher

slayher
  • Members
  • 65 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Droid 1
  • CM Version:
    Exodus v1.0.0
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:07 AM

For those of you having WiFi issues, did running one of the other kernels, or running a slower speed help the issue?

#19 chikimonke

chikimonke
  • Members
  • 120 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Droid
  • CM Version:
    CM7 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:15 AM

View Postslayher, on 17 August 2010 - 02:07 AM, said:

For those of you having WiFi issues, did running one of the other kernels, or running a slower speed help the issue?

Running the P3 LV 250-1200 kernel wifi works fine for me. Did not try a lower speed of yours though, is it worth trying if the other kernel works? Not familiar with the inner works of kernels.

#20 GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid
  • Members
  • 10 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    |3|
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:27 AM

Neither of the 1200s would boot for me, but the 1100 booted up just fine.  I had the same Goggles FC error as previously reported, though.  Incidentally, I experienced the Goggles FC with P3Droid 1100 LV and SV, but not with  Chevy's kernels at the same speed/voltage.

Edited by GirLuvsDroid, 17 August 2010 - 02:27 AM.