Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Factory reset - What to backup?

factory reset ZTE blade old install

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 xopah

xopah
  • Members
  • 5 posts
    fi - Finland
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy Nexus [GSM]
  • CM Version:
    Newest Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:51 PM

Hi!
Just a question.
I have recently experienced many reboots (kernel panics?), force shutdown processes and just anoying faults with my device.
I have had CyanogenMod CM7 for a good while, more than a year but never made a factory reset.

Now I thought as I did do with my old computer, format and reset of everything should make my device a little "happier" maybe?
To erase all old sluggish free apps, settings and what ever faulty permissions that is aroung and start fresh again. - I want to reset my phone as it would come from the factory (but with CM7 on it)

I have google sync for contacts and emails. I have dropboxed all my photos (and are going to take out the SD card during the reset)

What more do i really have to backup to have everything back up and running asap after a reset?
And is the procedure to "wipe data/factory reset" in ClockWorkMod Recovery

Thanks for your help!
/X