Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Official CM9 nightlies now available

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
101 replies to this topic

#1 scorpeeon

scorpeeon
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

Look here: http://download.cyan...vice=galaxysmtd
Anyone tried it yet?

#2 RickyBO89

RickyBO89
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:03 PM

what's the procedure to upgrade to cm9 from cm7 (stable)?
do I have to perform the factory wipe or may I follow the usual upgrade procedure?

#3 CDTI

CDTI
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:12 PM

View PostRickyBO89, on 30 March 2012 - 04:03 PM, said:

what's the procedure to upgrade to cm9 from cm7 (stable)?
do I have to perform the factory wipe or may I follow the usual upgrade procedure?

From CM7:
  • Do a Nandroid Backup!
  • WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
  • Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
  • Optionally install the Google Addon

Edited by CDTI, 30 March 2012 - 04:13 PM.

#4 jaws.man

jaws.man
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:55 PM

Hi all.

I've Teamhacksung CM9 running. Now i want to try the CM9 nightly. any special procedure?

Thanx

#5 Rishnak

Rishnak
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:50 PM

View PostCDTI, on 30 March 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

From CM7:
  • Do a Nandroid Backup!
  • WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
  • Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
  • Optionally install the Google Addon
Hello,
Where do I get the Google Addon?

Edit: Found it, http://goo-inside.me/gapps/

Edit2: Nevermind, installed 317 and phone is stuck bootlooping now...

Edit3: Reinstalled old rom using Odin, reinstalled the CM9 nightly and gapps 317 and it worked now... Weird.

Edited by Rishnak, 31 March 2012 - 02:03 PM.

#6 EvanY

EvanY
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:54 AM

View PostRishnak, on 31 March 2012 - 12:50 PM, said:

Hello,
Where do I get the Google Addon?

Edit: Found it, http://goo-inside.me/gapps/

Edit2: Nevermind, installed 317 and phone is stuck bootlooping now...

Edit3: Reinstalled old rom using Odin, reinstalled the CM9 nightly and gapps 317 and it worked now... Weird.

My Galaxy got stuck bootlooping also.. I need help on Odin. Do you happen to have the OPS for it or where to find one?

#7 - Nebula -

- Nebula -
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:38 AM

View Postscorpeeon, on 30 March 2012 - 12:42 PM, said:

Look here: http://download.cyan...vice=galaxysmtd
Anyone tried it yet?

Installed it yesterday (ClockWorkMod, zip from sd-card) and the appdrawer is a bit laggy sometimes (still Nightly build) but SG owners already use to that with touchwish :D  most features work such as wifi, 3g, Bluetooth, cam etc. some CM features is not active/missing compared with CM7 but most users can use this mod on there primary phone its stable, smooth experience overall and the UI is awesome.

iOS is really taking distance it looking/feel old school (well I always hated Apple anyway :D )

Edited by - Nebula -, 01 April 2012 - 08:01 AM.

#8 EvanY

EvanY
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:49 AM

i need help, my phone is not booting after flashing via cwm for the new CM9.. seriously need help!

I will start using ODIN but I am clueless on how to get a tar file since all I have are zip ones. Please help

#9 vonDuTch

vonDuTch
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:03 AM

i just installed cm9 nightly and runs awesomely smooth....... i had cm7 before but reinstalled stock 2.3.5 and waited for cm to bring out cm9, and i'm glad i did...

only thing is that i cant open my external sd card normally, but i installed OI manager and fixed that prob temporarly, i hope cm fixes that soon!!

@evany: i flashed cm9 over stock 2.3.5 and it went perfect.... so maybe try that, also i had bootloops when i flashed cm7 searched on xda forums and saw a post where was standing just to flash it again and that fixed it, so you could try that to!!

i'm just giving some of my thoughts here cus i'm a nub @ this!! just hope it helps!!

#10 EvanY

EvanY
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

@vonDuTch i was on CM7 2.3.5 before i flashed CM9. right now i flash it back to old rom and still bootlooping. i have no idea how to go about this, i cant even go into clockworkmod anymore

#11 jodue

jodue
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

View PostEvanY, on 01 April 2012 - 10:15 AM, said:

@vonDuTch i was on CM7 2.3.5 before i flashed CM9. right now i flash it back to old rom and still bootlooping. i have no idea how to go about this, i cant even go into clockworkmod anymore

best thing would be to flash the kernel/initrd image from your previous cm7 rom. extract the zip look fpr a boot.img (zImage) and flash that as kernel with heimdall. NO repartioning or anything else, just flash this one file as kernel! after this you should be able to enter recovery again and do a full restore.

Edited by jodue, 01 April 2012 - 10:34 AM.

#12 DrHark

DrHark
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:48 AM

This is fairly stable and runs very smoothly (particularly considering that Samsung would have us think that the phone is not powerful enough to run ICS).

One of the issues I can think of right now is that widgets do not seem to appear right away in the drawer, apparently I need to restart the phone each time I install a new widget.

#13 EvanY

EvanY
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:05 AM

@Jodue thanks will give it a try, report back as soon as I can

#14 valexi

valexi
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

I have this installed and it looks/feels/works way better than teamhacksamsungs Build 17!

But I can't get working root access on ADB, I've checked root as "apps and ADB" but it wont work.

What to do?

#15 EvanY

EvanY
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

View Postjodue, on 01 April 2012 - 10:34 AM, said:

best thing would be to flash the kernel/initrd image from your previous cm7 rom. extract the zip look fpr a boot.img (zImage) and flash that as kernel with heimdall. NO repartioning or anything else, just flash this one file as kernel! after this you should be able to enter recovery again and do a full restore.

tried flashing through this and the terminal said that it failed to open file boot.img, am i doing something wrong? sorry for the noobish question

I've flash the zImage from the previous CM7 rom, still bootlooping. It may have been cause by the flashing in the Odin? Is there a way to re-insert back recovery mod so that i can re-flash the CM7 rom?

Edited by EvanY, 01 April 2012 - 12:17 PM.

#16 jodue

jodue
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

View PostEvanY, on 01 April 2012 - 11:40 AM, said:

I've flash the zImage from the previous CM7 rom, still bootlooping. It may have been cause by the flashing in the Odin? Is there a way to re-insert back recovery mod so that i can re-flash the CM7 rom?

if you flash the boot.img from your previously working (cm7) rom you should be able to get into recovery as i stated before. also i advise you to use heimdall instead of odin.

explanation: the boot.img contains the kernel and the initrd (initial ram disk) which also includes the recovery. if the recovery does not work atm. i means either that you have a non functional kernel/initrd/recovery (however it working for other people indicates otherwise) or something with partitioning is messed up.

try flashing boot.img as kernel with heimdall without repartitioning and afterwards entering recovery, like i explained before. if this does not work i think you will have to flash a complete firmware with repatitioning. search on xda for the best one ...

good luck!

#17 EvanY

EvanY
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

@jodue: tried flashing only the boot img as kernel from the CM7.1 package, still not entering recovery. I tried flashing from the I9000UGKG3-homebinary and still no luck. i cannot believe i just brick my phone. will try to search for other firmware but not easy finding a heimdall package. always had use clockwork with CM7. :s

#18 Rishnak

Rishnak
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

View PostEvanY, on 01 April 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

@jodue: tried flashing only the boot img as kernel from the CM7.1 package, still not entering recovery. I tried flashing from the I9000UGKG3-homebinary and still no luck. i cannot believe i just brick my phone. will try to search for other firmware but not easy finding a heimdall package. always had use clockwork with CM7. :s

I just flashed with 10.2 resurrection darky rom, just google that and you will find the instructions.

Edit: Sorry, I actually flashed JVB base rom but used the 10.2 rom for instructions.

Edited by Rishnak, 01 April 2012 - 01:56 PM.

#19 DrHark

DrHark
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

If you come from stock Gingerbread the update appears to bootloop. Just extract the battery, start recovery and flash the update again. This happened to me coming from XXJVQ (2.3.4).

#20 EvanY

EvanY
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

View PostDrHark, on 01 April 2012 - 01:48 PM, said:

If you come from stock Gingerbread the update appears to bootloop. Just extract the battery, start recovery and flash the update again. This happened to me coming from XXJVQ (2.3.4).

Yes i think it would. but the problem is that i can't even get into recovery mode anymore, just a bootlooping Galaxy S flash screen or the three button download mode.