Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Problems after flashing CyanogenMod 7

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 myates

myates
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    ZTE Blade
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:28 AM

Hi guys,

I flashed CyanogenMod7 yesterday and everything works great except I can't get a wireless signal on my phone any more and I'm not 100% confident the data service is working either.

Have I done anything wrong? I've tried a few things like wiping the APNs and reloading them, deleting JuiceDefender and stuff, and I definitely deleted my cache and settings before flashing the new ROM (did it twice to be sure)

Thanks in advance

#2 bassmadrigal

bassmadrigal
  • Administrators
  • 12912 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4
  • CM Version:
    10.2 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:44 AM

Did you also wipe the /system partition? This is not done normally and you have to manually do it. If you are running ClockworkMod recovery, you can access it in Mounts and Storage. If you are running something else, you may have to download a zip to accomplish this. After it is done, you just reinstall CM and gapps and you should be on your way.

#3 Snowy6

Snowy6
  • Donators
  • 14 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    ZTE Blade
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:13 PM

I sort have the same problem, the phone works with data but can not make or recieve calls (same with SMS). Rather oddly on a trip to the states it all worked. Made a call and send a text ( did not try data). I assume this is due to me not wiping something? Or is rather a problem with the radio, either software or (I hope not) a hardware fault.

Assuming it is not the radio if I where to

Wipe data/factory reset
Wipe cache partition
Wipe Dalvik Cache
Format /system partition

Is there anything else that would help to format/wipe?

Or it it something else?

Thanks in advance

#4 bassmadrigal

bassmadrigal
  • Administrators
  • 12912 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4
  • CM Version:
    10.2 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:48 AM

There is no need to wipe the cache or dalvik if you perform the Factory Reset/Data Wipe. All of the caches are included in that.

But as to not receiving any text messages or phone calls, I'd be more inclined to think this is an APN issue. I would get with your phone company and make sure the settings are correct.

#5 Snowy6

Snowy6
  • Donators
  • 14 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    ZTE Blade
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:36 PM

The problem was Orange had blacklisted my phone (t-mobile who I used did not know) a nice chat to orange and they un-blacklisted it for me. Was nothing to do with the CyanogenMod7 which I am very happy about. Thank you for trying to fix the problem.

Myates your problem could be the same. Some companies when they blacklist your phone make it so you have no signal. Orange in the UK does, but due to data services not using the IMEI they are not blocked when a phone is (or did bassmadrigal's fix work?)

#6 myates

myates
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    ZTE Blade
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:37 PM

Thanks for the replies chaps :)

I re-flashed the OS and it's working now, the only issue I have it that my phone temporarily bricks itself for about two minutes whenever I make or receive a call. Is this a common problem?

It's not a big deal just a bit embarassing when I get through to someone's answerphone and can't end the call so they get two minutes of me swearing at it until I take the battery out! - any advice?

Thanks again