Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Samsung Rugby anyone?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Androidarian

Androidarian
  • Members
  • 100 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC myTouch slide
  • CM Version:
    7.0.3, no recovery image
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:15 AM

View Postkemonine96, on 05 October 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

However, we could use some help if you have the latest baseband / build.

I'll help any way I can.

The latest is UCLH4.

Mine says Gingerbread.UCLA4.  Yes, UCLA, not UCLH.  I also did "check for updates" and there wasn't any.

We need help extracting the latest updates from AT&T for packaging and to see if there are some updated bits we can yank out of the stock ROM to address the radio issue.

If you are willing and have the latest version of stock let me know and I can walk you through everything.

Sure, happy to do anything that will help, just let me know.

By the way, testing out this stock phone makes me remember how awful carrier builds are.  Loaded with spyware I can't delete.

Thanks!

Edited by Androidarian, 06 October 2012 - 12:20 AM.

#22 kemonine96

kemonine96
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Device Model:
  • CM Version:
    7.1rc1
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:36 AM

View PostAndroidarian, on 06 October 2012 - 12:15 AM, said:

I'll help any way I can.
I think the biggest help we need right now is someone with a clean version of the UCLH update so we can get our hands on the updated system files and the like.  I'm having a rough time getting my hands on an updated device.  Mine failed and my fiancee won't let me near her phone for testing :P

Mine says Gingerbread.UCLA4.  Yes, UCLA, not UCLH.  I also did "check for updates" and there wasn't any.
Try setting your clock ahead or back 24-48 hours.  The update didn't surface for me until I fiddled about with my clock settings.  Also, if it fails and you want to retry it may throw up a timer saying you have to wait to re-try.  If you set the clock ahead it will bypass the timeout.

One thing: the update applies patches to the kernel image, baseband and system partitions from what I was able to gather.  You will want these three areas of the device as close to stock as possible to get the full update applied.  I managed to get my baseband updated, but I need more from the system partition to fully validate some of my theories on why the antenna doesn't work currently in CM9.

See above ;)

By the way, testing out this stock phone makes me remember how awful carrier builds are.  Loaded with spyware I can't delete.
Yeah, I really disliked what ATT did to the phone firmware wise.  They loaded it up with all kinds of crap that really bogs down the device.  I have some UCLA ODIN images up on XDA, but I really want to get them bumped to the new firmware version and take a look inside what ATT did as part of the update for the base system partition.

#23 Motorhead1991

Motorhead1991
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Rugby Smart
  • CM Version:
    none
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:43 AM

I'll help any way I can.
Mine says Gingerbread.UCLA4. Yes, UCLA, not UCLH. I also did "check for updates" and there wasn't any.
By the way, testing out this stock phone makes me remember how awful carrier builds are. Loaded with spyware I can't delete.
Thanks!

You really shouldn't say things like that ;). Anyways, I'm glad to hear another person is in on the situation we have going on here.

#24 kemonine96

kemonine96
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Device Model:
  • CM Version:
    7.1rc1
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:26 AM

Thanks to the cyanogenmod irc channels I managed to figure out how to debug and fix the baseband / ril / radio issue we were having with CM9 on the rugby smart.  I also managed to fix the screen brightness issue that was occurring.  Motorhead and I were able to successfully send text messages.  Dialing works, but there is no in-call audio currently and I have no idea if the microphone works, but it at least dials and receives calls.

The code is up on github for the daring.  An alpha will be released once phone calls are working with audio and microphone.  Don't ask, I won't post a build until those are working.

#25 kemonine96

kemonine96
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Device Model:
  • CM Version:
    7.1rc1
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

To all still following the thread: motorhead made some progress with audio and things are very close to popping free.  Thanks to motorheads discoveries things should move along very quickly and an alpha dropping very soon.

#26 Androidarian

Androidarian
  • Members
  • 100 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC myTouch slide
  • CM Version:
    7.0.3, no recovery image
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

View Postkemonine96, on 06 October 2012 - 05:36 AM, said:

I think the biggest help we need right now is someone with a clean version of the UCLH update so we can get our hands on the updated system files and the like.  I'm having a rough time getting my hands on an updated device.  Mine failed and my fiancee won't let me near her phone for testing :P

Smart of her!  

View Postkemonine96, on 06 October 2012 - 05:36 AM, said:

Try setting your clock ahead or back 24-48 hours.  The update didn't surface for me until I fiddled about with my clock settings.  Also, if it fails and you want to retry it may throw up a timer saying you have to wait to re-try.  If you set the clock ahead it will bypass the timeout.

I tried that, then I tried a full factory reset, and tried setting the clock ahead, etc, and it's not liking the update.  I'm doing all this over wifi; do I need to put a working SIM In there?

Let me know what I can do...

#27 kemonine96

kemonine96
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Device Model:
  • CM Version:
    7.1rc1
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

View PostAndroidarian, on 10 October 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

I tried that, then I tried a full factory reset, and tried setting the clock ahead, etc, and it's not liking the update.  I'm doing all this over wifi; do I need to put a working SIM In there?

Let me know what I can do...
At this juncture, don't worry about the OTA update.  I have the new version of the baseband and motorhead has the old.  With the radio fix I discovered the other day we both have working SMS :).

More to come shortly...

#28 kemonine96

kemonine96
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Device Model:
  • CM Version:
    7.1rc1
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

For anyone following this thread:

A teaser of what is likely coming down the line in the next week or so:
ClockWork Recovery 6.0.1.2 (CM9 Compatible): CWMR_6.0.1.2_Apache_KemoNine.img -- Sources

#29 Androidarian

Androidarian
  • Members
  • 100 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC myTouch slide
  • CM Version:
    7.0.3, no recovery image
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

View Postkemonine96, on 11 October 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

For anyone following this thread:

That is really cool!  I have it installed and working!

#30 Motorhead1991

Motorhead1991
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Rugby Smart
  • CM Version:
    none
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:21 AM

By the way Androidarian, welcome to the inner loop ;).

So far, Kemo and myself are at close to the same point with our ROMs. He's currently playing with bluetooth, whereas I'll probably be tackling the camera.

#31 kemonine96

kemonine96
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Device Model:
  • CM Version:
    7.1rc1
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

As alluded to previously CM9 is working on this device.  I have created a release thread over on XDA for those that are interested: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1940632

Androidian: Can you update the OP with the link in case people come across this thread via google and don't read through to the end?

#32 kemonine96

kemonine96
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Device Model:
  • CM Version:
    7.1rc1
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

Alpha 4 is out w/ a couple updates.  All source for the update has been pushed to github.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1940632

#33 kemonine96

kemonine96
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Device Model:
  • CM Version:
    7.1rc1
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

A port of CyanogenMod 10 is now available for the Rugby Smart!

A main thread over on XDA has been created: http://forum.xda-dev....php?p=34625020

Enjoy

#34 Motorhead1991

Motorhead1991
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Rugby Smart
  • CM Version:
    none
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

For those watching this thread and not XDA, a new ICS/JB kernel is almost out :).