Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Google Maps - Unfortunately, Maps has stopped.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jim McGregor

Jim McGregor
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:46 PM

Currently running:  update-cm-9-20120524-NIGHTLY-captivatemtd-signed
with:  gapps_ics_4.0.3_v11

The only feature not working for me is Google Maps.  I get the "Unfortunately, Maps has stopped working" message when I attempt to launch it.

I have tried to clear the cache data.  Any suggestions for other things to try?

#2 bassmadrigal

bassmadrigal
  • Administrators
  • 12912 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:57 AM

I don't recognize that gapps version. You may want to try flashing the version from http://goo.im/gapps. Also, try uninstalling and reinstalling the maps application.

#3 dm146

dm146
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:33 AM

First, Maps won't work in every region. You need to be sure that you are not suffering from one of Google's restrictions.

Second, after an upgrade one or two of my Apps won't work. I have not had the problem with Maps but I have had it with others. I have found that un-installing the App and re-installing it from the market usually helps.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

#4 bassmadrigal

bassmadrigal
  • Administrators
  • 12912 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:52 PM

Maps should work in every location, although navigation might not. But either way, the app shouldn't crash on him.