Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Audible Selection

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 w00t

w00t
  • Members
  • 9 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    T-Mo G2
  • CM Version:
    CM 7.0.3
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:13 AM

Hi everyone!

Since going from 4.2.15.1 to 5.0.7, the volume level for the Audible Selection has dropped to a nearly inaudible level.  Audible Selection plays a click/chirp when you tap an icon, press Menu, etc.  In prior builds, the Audible Selection volume was controlled by the system volume & was fairly loud when the system volume was up.

I've skimmed (very briefly) through the change logs to see if there was an intentional change.  I've played with Sound Manager (from the Market) and changed various volume settings.  I've spent a few hours searching for volume issues here & on XDA, but I haven't found anything that fits what I'm experiencing.  I also cleared the caches, ran fix_permissions & tried looking at a few other things via ADB (but I'm not terribly good with the shell commands yet).

All other sound-producing functions appear (sound) to be working normally...no echo, clear calls, normal speaker on calls & music.

Please help.

#2 anthonysebring

anthonysebring
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    |2|
  • CM Version:
    CM5
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 04 June 2010 - 06:10 AM

View Postw00t, on 04 June 2010 - 05:13 AM, said:

Hi everyone!

Since going from 4.2.15.1 to 5.0.7, the volume level for the Audible Selection has dropped to a nearly inaudible level.  Audible Selection plays a click/chirp when you tap an icon, press Menu, etc.  In prior builds, the Audible Selection volume was controlled by the system volume & was fairly loud when the system volume was up.

I've skimmed (very briefly) through the change logs to see if there was an intentional change.  I've played with Sound Manager (from the Market) and changed various volume settings.  I've spent a few hours searching for volume issues here & on XDA, but I haven't found anything that fits what I'm experiencing.  I also cleared the caches, ran fix_permissions & tried looking at a few other things via ADB (but I'm not terribly good with the shell commands yet).

All other sound-producing functions appear (sound) to be working normally...no echo, clear calls, normal speaker on calls & music.

Please help.
I had the same problem. This is going to sound weird but go to settings>sounds & display> media volume. On my G1, it'll make a ringing alarm as an example. That'll change the volume of the click. I hope this helps :-)

#3 w00t

w00t
  • Members
  • 9 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    T-Mo G2
  • CM Version:
    CM 7.0.3
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 04 June 2010 - 11:49 PM

Thanks, that fixed it.  I thought that I tried that before.