Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Help Samsung Galaxy Ace

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 FRSalvador

FRSalvador
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:45 AM

Hi, i'm new to android cause i bought Samsung Galaxy Ace (my first android) a few days ago, i came to your site i saw that my phone was not in the devices list, i searched on google and saw that you have a tutorial for it on wiki. I read it but i think there is a problem...my model is GT-S5839i (comes with android 2.3.6) and i can't even enter on recovery mode with that version...is there something i can do or i can't get cyanogenmod on my device?

#2 bassmadrigal

bassmadrigal
  • Administrators
  • 12912 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:39 PM

As far as I can tell, there is no custom ROMs for the 5839i yet, although it does look like some work might be getting done on a french forum http://forum.frandroid.com.

#3 samie1882

samie1882
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:16 AM

There is no Mod available here of your device as of now.

Request admin to put up the ver 9 for S 5830

#4 bassmadrigal

bassmadrigal
  • Administrators
  • 12912 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:27 AM

View Postsamie1882, on 09 June 2012 - 06:16 AM, said:

Request admin to put up the ver 9 for S 5830

It isn't as simple as just putting up CM9. There has to be a developer willing and able to port it. ICS (which is what CM9 is based on) is VERY different from GIngerbread (which is what CM7 is based on) and many devices that worked with CM7 will not work with CM9 or would require a massive amount of work to get it to work properly.

#5 FRSalvador

FRSalvador
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:49 AM

And you know if there will be a custom rom for it? And while i wait for it...can i root it?

Best regards

#6 FRSalvador

FRSalvador
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:42 PM

This tutorial link doesn't work for GT-S5839i right?

#7 bassmadrigal

bassmadrigal
  • Administrators
  • 12912 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:39 PM

No, I don't know if one will be made for it. You would need to find a developer willing to work on it (assuming the phone even allows 3rd-party ROMs). My HTC One X still isn't officially supported by CM and it came out in the beginning of April.

And I doubt that the rooting procedure for the other phone will work.

#8 FRSalvador

FRSalvador
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:00 PM

Ok thanks anyway...let's hope something comes out...i think there many people searching for this model too

#9 FRSalvador

FRSalvador
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:20 PM

Btw, can i talk to something to ask to make a CM for this model?

#10 bassmadrigal

bassmadrigal
  • Administrators
  • 12912 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:18 PM

You would need to find a developer who has the phone to port CM9 to it. I don't know of any one that accepts requests for devices to be supported.