Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Nook Color Won't Turn On Or Boot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chuckrfish

chuckrfish
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:02 PM

Hey all, new to the forum, I hope I'm posting in the right place.

I have a nook color that I have installed CM7 on and it has been working wonderfully for months, until recently. It died, and I couldn't find my nook charger, so I used a micro USB and my iPad charging brick. The screen lit up and indicated that it needed to stay plugged in before it would boot. Expected. But now it will not turn on or boot, no matter what charger I use. The "N" on the nook cable is orange while charging with the nook brick and turns green after a few hours.

The nook itself does not get warm, which makes me think it isn't actually charging? I'm stumped. I wouldn't think that the charger combo I used would have damaged the nook, but I can also see how it's probably possible.

I have tried the Power + N + Volume Up button combo and nothing happens. Blank screen. It doesn't do anything when I plug it in either. The cord lights up and all that, but the device is unresponsive.

So did I ruin it with the poor charger setup or am I doing something completely wrong? I have left it charging overnight on more than one occasion and nothing seems to change.

Thanks for any help and sorry for the ramble.

#2 meteorrock

meteorrock

Nook Color Devs

• Donators
  • 1012 posts
  • Twitter:#!/cyanogen
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nook color
  • CM Version:
    CM-11 - UNOFFICAL - encore | Kitkat | Android 4.4
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:56 AM

Those other USB cords will not charge up your nook color. The nook color uses a special made USB cord with extra pins in the plug-in to charge up the battery in the nook color. Others can get by with charging the nook color a few times with a different USB cord that will fit in the slot, but it will not charge up the battery to a full charge that it needs, as the nook needs that other cord with the extra pins in it to carry that extra charge to the battery. So your battery is probably all the way dead and that other cord you are using just will not push the charge to that battery to get you up and booted. Those other USB cords just will not push enough juice to keep the battery charged on the nook color so it must of slowly lost all of its charge during its use.

The B&N outlet stores are good about replacing the charging USB cord for your nook for free if it is still under warranty.

You can also go here online and order a new cable replacement for your nook color here. http://www.barnesand...ook color cable

Posted Image

#3 chuckrfish

chuckrfish
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:25 AM

Hey, thanks for the reply. I guess i'm going to try my extra nook brick first, then a new Nook USB cord. It still doesn't turn on or respond even after 2 nights in a row of charging. My guess is that hopefully it's the cable and not the tablet itself. The only strange part is that the light on the cord works fine, though that may not really mean anything if some other wires in the cord are broken.

Once again, thanks!