Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Changing The Boot Order In A Multi Boot Environment

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 frobuzmumber

frobuzmumber
  • Members
  • 10 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    hp touchpad
  • CM Version:
    cm9
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:15 PM

I installed cm9 using the dual boot method, however, it defaults to webos instead of cm9. My question is, how can i change it to boot cm9 first?

#2 Nevertells

Nevertells
  • Members
  • 1132 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HP TouchPad
  • CM Version:
    CM10 & CM10.1 & CM11
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

View Postfrobuzmumber, on 15 August 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

I installed cm9 using the dual boot method, however, it defaults to webos instead of cm9. My question is, how can i change it to boot cm9 first?

Two ways to do this.   In WebOS, install Cyboot with Preware.  You can use Cyboot to change the default boot OS and the countdown time in Moboot.

In Android, use Rom Toolbox.  Use Root Browser and navigate to the /boot folder.  Find the moboot.default file and edit it.  Change it from WebOS to CyanogenMod.  You can also change the countdown by editing the moboot.timeout file.

#3 frobuzmumber

frobuzmumber
  • Members
  • 10 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    hp touchpad
  • CM Version:
    cm9
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

i dont have a moboot.default or mobot.timeout file at all on my system

#4 Nevertells

Nevertells
  • Members
  • 1132 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HP TouchPad
  • CM Version:
    CM10 & CM10.1 & CM11
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

View Postfrobuzmumber, on 18 August 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

i dont have a moboot.default or mobot.timeout file at all on my system

Explain exactly what you did.  If you installed CM9 on your TouchPad, there is a boot folder and there is a moboot.timeout and moboot.default file in that folder.  Do you have the five second countdown on the bottom of the moboot screen?  That comes from the moboot.timeout file.

Did you try using Cyboot to check the settings?  That is the other way I suggested.

#5 gohan22

gohan22
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    ca - Canada
  • Device Model:
    touchpad
  • CM Version:
    cm9
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:25 AM

for me Cyboot doesn't open after i install it in webOS and for the android method the only two files i see with moboot is "moboot.splash.CyanogenMod.tga" and moboot.splash.webOS.tga" so not sure what needs to be edited.

#6 Nevertells

Nevertells
  • Members
  • 1132 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HP TouchPad
  • CM Version:
    CM10 & CM10.1 & CM11
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:38 AM

View Postgohan22, on 29 October 2012 - 05:25 AM, said:

for me Cyboot doesn't open after i install it in webOS and for the android method the only two files i see with moboot is "moboot.splash.CyanogenMod.tga" and moboot.splash.webOS.tga" so not sure what needs to be edited.

Need more details on what you have installed and how you installed it.  Are you able to boot CM?  How long have you had your TouchPad?  How long have you had Android installed?

#7 gohan22

gohan22
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    ca - Canada
  • Device Model:
    touchpad
  • CM Version:
    cm9
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:03 AM

View PostNevertells, on 30 October 2012 - 12:38 AM, said:

Need more details on what you have installed and how you installed it.  Are you able to boot CM?  How long have you had your TouchPad?  How long have you had Android installed?

I have CM9 installed with dual boot and im trying to change the default boot to be CM9 instead of the webOS.  I have currently installed 4.0.4 9-20120819-nightly-tenderloin.  Not sure what how long i've had it will tell you but since the firesale and i've had android installed since a stable version was working.  I can boot perfectly fine into either OS.

oh nvm looks like you just cant launch the app in preware.  i went back under downloads and was able to launch it.

Edited by gohan22, 30 October 2012 - 04:12 AM.

#8 Nevertells

Nevertells
  • Members
  • 1132 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HP TouchPad
  • CM Version:
    CM10 & CM10.1 & CM11
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:55 PM

View Postgohan22, on 30 October 2012 - 04:03 AM, said:

I have CM9 installed with dual boot and im trying to change the default boot to be CM9 instead of the webOS.  I have currently installed 4.0.4 9-20120819-nightly-tenderloin.  Not sure what how long i've had it will tell you but since the firesale and i've had android installed since a stable version was working.  I can boot perfectly fine into either OS.

oh nvm looks like you just cant launch the app in preware.  i went back under downloads and was able to launch it.

So you got it working correctly?  I don't recognize the file   4.0.4 9-20120819-nightly-tenderloin.  Where did you download that at?

#9 DarthMonkeyX

DarthMonkeyX
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    au - Australia
  • Device Model:
    HP
  • CM Version:
    unsure
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:02 PM

I found a solution to this after much searching, in the moboot.default folder, type CyanogenMod with C and M caps. This as an alternative to 'cyanogen.mod' which was posted as an alternative.

#10 Nevertells

Nevertells
  • Members
  • 1132 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HP TouchPad
  • CM Version:
    CM10 & CM10.1 & CM11
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:30 PM

View PostDarthMonkeyX, on 16 February 2014 - 02:02 PM, said:

I found a solution to this after much searching, in the moboot.default folder, type CyanogenMod with C and M caps. This as an alternative to 'cyanogen.mod' which was posted as an alternative.

Note the dates on the posts. You are about a year and a half late to the party my friend.