Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Is Nightly Cm-9-20120819-Nightly-Tenderloin The Final Cm9 Build?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 PaulMaxx

PaulMaxx
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

I have been waiting for the final "stable" (minus the camera) nightly to come out and due to the lack of a new for the last 5 days it seems this could be it.

The situation is I just found out my cousin has had a TP sitting collecting dust so I wanted to breathe some new life into it with CM9. The problem is that once installed it probably wont get updated due to distance issues and his lack of technical skill.

I am currently running the 8/12 nightly and have not had any issues other than s possible decease in battery performance but other than thait has been great.

I am planning to flash the 8/19 nightly to try it out first. Does anyone think there is a more stable nightly than either of the two I mentioned?

#2 sstar

sstar
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

I running 19 its fine. There updating if and when necessary weekly, so there be another one in a day or two.

#3 Nevertells

Nevertells
  • Members
  • 1130 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:10 PM

View PostPaulMaxx, on 25 August 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

I have been waiting for the final "stable" (minus the camera) nightly to come out and due to the lack of a new for the last 5 days it seems this could be it.

The situation is I just found out my cousin has had a TP sitting collecting dust so I wanted to breathe some new life into it with CM9. The problem is that once installed it probably wont get updated due to distance issues and his lack of technical skill.

I am currently running the 8/12 nightly and have not had any issues other than s possible decease in battery performance but other than thait has been great.

I am planning to flash the 8/19 nightly to try it out first. Does anyone think there is a more stable nightly than either of the two I mentioned?

There probably won't be a so called "stable" release because of the camera and unless the developer working on trying to figure out how to get it to work gets very lucky, there probably won't be one.  But, with that said, you can consider the nightly you are currently running more than sufficient for installing on your cousin's TouchPad.  I am also using the 8/19 nightly and find it fast, stable, and easy on the battery.  The CM team is devoting all their efforts on CM10 now and will only put out CM9 nightlies when there are bug fixes.  They stated maybe once weekly for CM9.  Most of the bug fixes I have seen lately have not been anything Earth shattering.

#4 Razor512

Razor512
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:42 PM

cant they just ignore the camera when considering a build to be stable?

the camera is too crappy to put the time and effort into getting it working.

#5 kevinv

kevinv
  • Donators
  • 138 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

They seem to have a blanket rule that all hardware must be supported in order to call it "stable".

That may be a bit annoying for us TouchPad users, but when I buy my next phone, I can check if there are stable CyanogenMod releases for it and feel confident I know what that means.

#6 PaulMaxx

PaulMaxx
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:11 PM

Thanks everyone for the helpful replies. I am all set to share the goodness that is Cyanogenmod.

#7 Nevertells

Nevertells
  • Members
  • 1130 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:22 PM

View PostRazor512, on 25 August 2012 - 10:42 PM, said:

Just because the name does not say stable does not mean it isn't worth installing.  Try keeping up with the current information here:

http://rootzwiki.com...ild-discussion/

For all intensive purposes, we have everything any CM9 stable release has except the name.

#8 itdoesntmatter

itdoesntmatter
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:03 AM

CM9 is just simply amazing.
So some things don't work, so much else does.

I'd love to use my camera or look at virtual stars but I can always boot to webOS, CM9 was worth every moment of trepidation, its great.
When I get a job I'll definitely donate, CM9 is a consumers dream, and webOS is its ugly alternative.
...its a shame Windows/android didn't try to clean sweep tablets and create a way for their own OS to find its way to the touchpad.

#9 Zzed

Zzed
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:51 PM

View PostRazor512, on 25 August 2012 - 10:42 PM, said:

May not be as important to some, but the ability to Video Skype is the single item I go to webOS for.  I for one would like it too.  I'm just not going to hold my breath over it. We are more likely to get it on CM10, if we get it at all.

If, or when it gets here, I'll have very little use for webOS save the rare,  deep recovery from webDoctor.

#10 Nevertells

Nevertells
  • Members
  • 1130 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:45 PM

View PostZzed, on 31 August 2012 - 10:51 PM, said:

May not be as important to some, but the ability to Video Skype is the single item I go to webOS for.  I for one would like it too.  I'm just not going to hold my breath over it. We are more likely to get it on CM10, if we get it at all.

If, or when it gets here, I'll have very little use for webOS save the rare,  deep recovery from webDoctor.

Deep recovery? :wacko:

#11 robocopvn

robocopvn
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:00 PM

I love to have stable version. But I love the way CM do with their ROMs. One should only be called stable when all the hardware work. If not, cannot call them stable. This policy is great. If not, there will be many and many stable ROMS without 100% hardware working in so many devices. In that case, who care and believe in CM stable version ??

#12 Zzed

Zzed
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:42 AM

0903 is up

http://goo.im/devs/c...-tenderloin.zip

Edited by Zzed, 04 September 2012 - 07:42 AM.

#13 Zzed

Zzed
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:56 AM

View PostNevertells, on 31 August 2012 - 11:45 PM, said:

Deep recovery? :wacko:

I'm refering to the fall back to webOS Doctor 3.0.0 to recover/reset the partitions after repairing their structure.  I've only had to do that once for a friend when improper USB ejects crashed his partition and Doctor 3.0.4 was stuck at 12%.

#14 sp1d3yman

sp1d3yman
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:56 PM

is there a place to see what actually is changed in the nightly releases ...in a way nondevelopers can understand it?
imrefering to last hp nightly 0903 frm 0819