Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Stuck Loading.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hyroero

Hyroero
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    au - Australia
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:30 AM

Not used my nook for awhile but when i tried to boot it up today it gets to Cynogen mod and says loading.

Stays stuck here for ever. I can turn it off and try and boot with holding N or + to recover but it just gets stuck doing that too.

I think i installed cynogen mod to the internal storage too because i tried putting a new image on the sd card but it still just gets stuck on loading for ever...

#2 meteorrock

meteorrock

Nook Color Devs

• Donators
  • 1012 posts
  • Twitter:#!/cyanogen
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nook color
  • CM Version:
    CM-11 - UNOFFICAL - encore | Kitkat | Android 4.4
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:34 AM

Check this link here up at the XDA nook developers forums on how to get out of your boot loop if you have installed the build to your eMMC (internal memory.) http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=949699

Posted Image

#3 lhim

lhim
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

I am having the same issue only I didn't try to overwrite the Nook image... Cyanogen flash acts like the Energizer Bunny...

I have tried recovery but it eventually shuts off - I'm not even sure what recovery does. I appears it creates a folder each time on the SD card but I cannot read anything fro the Nook side.

Help here?

#4 meteorrock

meteorrock

Nook Color Devs

• Donators
  • 1012 posts
  • Twitter:#!/cyanogen
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nook color
  • CM Version:
    CM-11 - UNOFFICAL - encore | Kitkat | Android 4.4
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:46 AM

Dismount your card from the nook color and try to boot back into the stock nook ROM by holding in the power button and the N button for a few seconds, this is a stubborn process so keep trying. You might need to hold both buttons in for a full 5 or more seconds for it to power all the way off with that card dismounted from the nook. Make sure the nook color is completely off, and not so slightly backlit, check it in a dark room. Sometimes it will not power all the way off and that screen will be backlit.

After you have booted clear into the stock nook ROM clear past the lock screen by holding in the power button until it boots up. Power off the nook color once again and reinsert that card back into the nook color. Hopefully this will clear those caches and get rid of that problem for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you have tried this above method you can do what is called the 3 finger wipe, you can find how to do that in this thread here. You will have to repeat this process 8 times, its uses an 8 failed boot attempt that is built into the stock nook ROM to get you back into a working build as a failure recovery. Make sure your cyanogenMod image card created as a boot card is not inserted into the nook color also using this process.  http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1461172

Posted Image

#5 rtomasso

rtomasso
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

I have a similar problem. I did a backup from the ROM Manager since I wanted to to an update to 7.2. After the backup was done, nook rebooted and now it's stuck rebooting. Got into the boot menu and tried every combination in there, still just reboots. Removed the SD card. No better.

#6 rtomasso

rtomasso
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:40 AM

I went to the articles linked above, but the links to the CWM and zip files are all broken, so not really any help.