Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

GPS Not Working

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kombinatorics

kombinatorics
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Device Model:
    |1|
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 01 September 2010 - 04:08 PM

I am not getting any GPS signal. I have used the GPS Test application and it does not show any gps signal. This was with 5.0.8 and with 6.0.0-N1. Is there a way to figure out whether this is a hardware problem or a software issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Android version: 2.2
Baseband version: 31.36.00.28H_4.06.00.12_7
Kernel version 2.6.34.5-cyanogenmod shade@toxygene #1
Mod version: CyanogenMod-6.0.0-N1
Build number FRF91

Also, if I determine that it is a hardware problem, is there a way to revert everything to stock before I ship the phone to htc.

#2 kombinatorics

kombinatorics
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Device Model:
    |1|
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 01 September 2010 - 07:51 PM

Is there a way to get GSD.apk from somewhere so that I can run the HTC hardware test using *#*#3424#*#*.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nexus_One

#3 Jayles

Jayles
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    fr - France
  • Device Model:
    NEXUS ONE
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen 6.0
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:06 PM

Did you try the application z-device ? I've never used it (never had to) but you can use it to check every component of your phone.

Sometimes, if the GPS doesn't work, it's because the signal is too low. The first time, it took me 5 mins to aquire the signal (I don't know why) : how long did you wait ? Were you in an open area, with a clear view of the sky ?

#4 kombinatorics

kombinatorics
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Device Model:
    |1|
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:25 AM

View PostJayles, on 01 September 2010 - 10:06 PM, said:

Did you try the application z-device ? I've never used it (never had to) but you can use it to check every component of your phone.

Sometimes, if the GPS doesn't work, it's because the signal is too low. The first time, it took me 5 mins to aquire the signal (I don't know why) : how long did you wait ? Were you in an open area, with a clear view of the sky ?

Thanks for the z device application. I tested the signal outside.  I also reverted to stock rom and the problem is still there. I will get a replacement phone from HTC and ship my current phone for repair.  I dropped and that might have damaged the GPS circuitry.

#5 litui

litui
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:litui
  • Device Model:
    |2|
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:29 AM

As I mentioned on another thread, double (and triple) check your APN settings.  GPS on phones uses satellite positioning hints from the Telco and bad APN settings can seriously mess with that.  I've had it happen on previous instances of CM where the default APNs were not the correct ones.

#6 kursed

kursed
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Twitter:kursed
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nexus One
  • CM Version:
    CM6
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:33 AM

This fix worked for me. So I've posted it online, see if it works for you folks as well. http://wccftech.com/...genmod-6-nexus/