Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Fastboot Oem Get_Identifier_Token

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cytherian

cytherian
  • Members
  • 10 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Hero
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:32 AM

I'm running CM 7.2, with Hboot 1.47 and TWRP 2.2.2.  My phone is locked, which does present a few challenges.  I couldn't do "flash_image" from my computer, but could execute it from the Terminal Emulator on the phone (thus replace ClockworkMod with TWRP).  I can use ADB with success (even deleted some annoying ringtone files once I did "remount").  "fastboot devices" does acknowledge my phone.  But running "fastboot oem get_identifier_token" produces (bootloader) [ERR] Command error !!!

I'm guessing that the "oem" option is not available in 1.47 and that I'd have to swap in a different bootloader.  Or, is there some other way to access the identifier token in the phone?  I need this to provide to HTCDEV in order to be able to turn S-OFF.

Edited by cytherian, 24 October 2012 - 01:47 AM.

#2 cytherian

cytherian
  • Members
  • 10 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Hero
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

I have to add that I did not deliberately change my boot loader.  I rooted my phone, installed ROM Manager, and then flashed to CM7.  Then after this, I replaced ROM Manager with TWRP 2.2.2.0.  So, I don't know if my boot loader was something earlier and later replaced or is the same as when the phone was stock.

Anyway, I guess i'll have to go back to the beginning... flash stock and start over, but this time unlock my phone before rooting and flashing a custom ROM.

Edited by cytherian, 12 October 2012 - 06:28 PM.

#3 cytherian

cytherian
  • Members
  • 10 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Hero
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:46 AM

I ended up bypassing the need for this, by flashing an hboot that has S-OFF (1.46).  Earlier I had upgraded ROM Manager to version 5, which I believe installed hboot 1.47 (S-ON) that presented these challenges.

Edited by cytherian, 24 October 2012 - 01:47 AM.