Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Cm10 - Atrix 2, Bootloader Bricking

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 skeltonh

skeltonh
  • Members
  • 14 posts
  • Twitter:@skeltonh
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsun Galaxy Note
  • CM Version:
    CM 9.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

I have had the honor of running CM10 on my Atrix 2 and loved the fluid interface and how nice that everything seemed to work.  The major problem I have had with many of the CM releases is the non-inclusion of Google applications needed to get it to full release status.  In my case, I tried to go back and reflash the Google apps onto my device.  Having been a CWM user for a long time, saw no notes regarding the new boot loader for CM10.  I had seen some notes that they were changing things and trying to get away from CWM but nothing prepaired me for a total bricking of my phone.

The notes regarding the warning involved are burried deep within the bowels of XDA-Developers.  Having reviewed the sticky on the install, it fails to note that if you try to re-CWM your device you are seriously screwed.  It wasn't after the fact that I learned this.  Much to my own fault for not spending the many man hours of digging for info.  However I do note that XDA-Developers are a rather sarcastic and unforgiving lot.

With all that being said, the CM10 for the Atrix was very nice.  Having the fluid interface of JB to work with makes me look forward to a more polished install.  Especially in light of Motorola not offering any hope for JB on the Atrix 2 (even though they have a working version in their labs). If other CM10 releases are as nice then Cyanogen developers should be honored in the greatest way possible.

I would call to the CM developers to create a way to install the Google Apps that does not required flashing.  Even if it means to install via apk's that the users can download, or create a script that will go out and do the mods for the users.

While I wait for my replacement phone to arrive, I will tuck tail and wait for versions of CM10 that are better tested and working.  With particular interest in getting the camera and video working. (Seems to be common issue with CM releases).

Keep up the great work, and I hope that CM10 can get on the Atrix 2 with better means that what I already have.

#2 nikhilvibhav

nikhilvibhav
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    in - India
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Atrix 2
  • CM Version:
    Unofficial CM10
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

Even I have been using the CM10 on my Atrix 2 for the past couple of days.

Have to say, it's a darn good phone, but with CM10, it's simply unbelievable! Few small bugs here and there, but none so major that you'll have a problem.

#3 vu2pmc

vu2pmc
  • Members
  • 17 posts
    in - India
  • Device Model:
    XCD35
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:53 AM

View Postnikhilvibhav, on 25 October 2012 - 05:20 PM, said:

Have to say, it's a darn good phone, but with CM10, it's simply unbelievable! Few small bugs here and there, but none so major that you'll have a problem.

Hi,
Been using a zte blade for a year and been on CM 7.2, got a new Atrix 2 as a second phone. wonder if you can guide me step by step to root it, and then the right recovery I must install, and the right JB custom rom I must choose and how to install the same?
Links to download, would be much appreciated.
Cheers

#4 jaikirat

jaikirat
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    in - India
  • Device Model:
    mb865
  • CM Version:
    stock
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

View Postvu2pmc, on 23 December 2012 - 07:53 AM, said:

Hi,
Been using a zte blade for a year and been on CM 7.2, got a new Atrix 2 as a second phone. wonder if you can guide me step by step to root it, and then the right recovery I must install, and the right JB custom rom I must choose and how to install the same?
Cheers
http://technocreativ...-2-running.html
see this post it might be useful for you

Edited by jaikirat, 18 January 2013 - 05:04 PM.

#5 jaikirat

jaikirat
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    in - India
  • Device Model:
    mb865
  • CM Version:
    stock
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:11 AM

View Postskeltonh, on 14 October 2012 - 04:13 PM, said:

I have had the honor of running CM10 on my Atrix 2 and loved the fluid interface and how nice that everything seemed to work.  The major problem I have had with many of the CM releases is the non-inclusion of Google applications needed to get it to full release status.  In my case, I tried to go back and reflash the Google apps onto my device.  Having been a CWM user for a long time, saw no notes regarding the new boot loader for CM10.  I had seen some notes that they were changing things and trying to get away from CWM but nothing prepaired me for a total bricking of my phone.

The notes regarding the warning involved are burried deep within the bowels of XDA-Developers.  Having reviewed the sticky on the install, it fails to note that if you try to re-CWM your device you are seriously screwed.  It wasn't after the fact that I learned this.  Much to my own fault for not spending the many man hours of digging for info.  However I do note that XDA-Developers are a rather sarcastic and unforgiving lot.

With all that being said, the CM10 for the Atrix was very nice.  Having the fluid interface of JB to work with makes me look forward to a more polished install.  Especially in light of Motorola not offering any hope for JB on the Atrix 2 (even though they have a working version in their labs). If other CM10 releases are as nice then Cyanogen developers should be honored in the greatest way possible.

I would call to the CM developers to create a way to install the Google Apps that does not required flashing.  Even if it means to install via apk's that the users can download, or create a script that will go out and do the mods for the users.

While I wait for my replacement phone to arrive, I will tuck tail and wait for versions of CM10 that are better tested and working.  With particular interest in getting the camera and video working. (Seems to be common issue with CM releases).

Keep up the great work, and I hope that CM10 can get on the Atrix 2 with better means that what I already have.

View Postnikhilvibhav, on 25 October 2012 - 05:20 PM, said:

View Postvu2pmc, on 23 December 2012 - 07:53 AM, said:

Hi,
Cheers
you all might be interested in flashing official leak of jb 4.1.2
see this link - http://technocreativ...atrix-2-to.html