Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Needed: Detailed Tutorial For Installing Cyanogenmod 10 From Odin From Scratch

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Sarit

Sarit
  • Members
  • 8 posts
    il - Israel
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

Hi
Restoring a complete Titanium backup completely botched my phone and it's in a constant reboot.
I want to flash the latest version again with Odin in download mode, I'm looking for a detailed tutorial, couldn't find one in the wiki.
Please help,

#2 Pebcak-

Pebcak-
  • Donators
  • 482 posts
    ca - Canada
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4
  • CM Version:
    CM 10.2
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

Why not just get into recovery, yes it's possible even with the phone in a boot loop and reflash the phone using the ROM that's currently there and then carefully restore the apps from the backup?

You may have to pull the battery out first and then replace it and do the three button salute to get into recovery.

#3 Sarit

Sarit
  • Members
  • 8 posts
    il - Israel
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

View PostPebcak-, on 22 November 2012 - 04:51 PM, said:

Why not just get into recovery, yes it's possible even with the phone in a boot loop and reflash the phone using the ROM that's currently there and then carefully restore the apps from the backup?

You may have to pull the battery out first and then replace it and do the three button salute to get into recovery.

I deleted the rom's zip file from the SDcard so to my understanding U have to flash the rom with Odin now. Am I wrong?

#4 T3STY

T3STY
  • Members
  • 170 posts
    it - Italy
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000
  • CM Version:
    CM 10.1.0 stable
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

While in recovery mode you can enable the USB Archive mode which lets you use the device for transferring data from a PC. So, entery recovery mode, go to mounts and storage and select mount USB storage. Connect the USB cable and you may now copy the CM10 zip on the device and restart the installation.
Reflashing via Odin is only necessary for stock ROMs or kernel flashing, not for installing CyanogenMod ROMs.

#5 Sarit

Sarit
  • Members
  • 8 posts
    il - Israel
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

Oh wow, I wasn't aware of this option! Could have saved a lot of time time and trouble in the past!! :ph34r:
Thanks so much!

View PostT3STY, on 22 November 2012 - 07:10 PM, said:

While in recovery mode you can enable the USB Archive mode which lets you use the device for transferring data from a PC. So, entery recovery mode, go to mounts and storage and select mount USB storage. Connect the USB cable and you may now copy the CM10 zip on the device and restart the installation.
Reflashing via Odin is only necessary for stock ROMs or kernel flashing, not for installing CyanogenMod ROMs.

#6 evilteq

evilteq
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    fi - Finland
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy S i9000
  • CM Version:
    CM 10
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

This would have been very useful to me a few days ago.
Everything tutorial I found assumed I could access recovery, which it wasn't the case. I could only access download mode.
I'm not quite sure exactly what I did, but I had to go back to installing stock.

#7 teogin

teogin
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    gr - Greece
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S I9000
  • CM Version:
    ICS_F4k_MOD_V4.0.4_r3
  • Recovery Image:
    Other

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

Dear friends,
I have the same problem as Sarit, during the last few hours. I followed your advice, but it cannot mount or open anything.
I have copied two roms in the additional microSD (which I 've formatted, earlier, using a specialized SD format tool).
The clockworkmod version is 3.0.0.5
Do you have any idea?
Could ODIN make my Samsung Galaxy S to stand up? And if yes, could you drive me how to do it, and what files do I need, as the ROMS have .zip extension, while the ODIN needs other files...

Edited by teogin, 28 December 2012 - 05:01 PM.

#8 teogin

teogin
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    gr - Greece
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S I9000
  • CM Version:
    ICS_F4k_MOD_V4.0.4_r3
  • Recovery Image:
    Other

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

I found solution to get it work by using odin 3.04 and Semaphore ICS 1.3. Thanks God!!!

#9 opaltchenov

opaltchenov
  • Members
  • 12 posts
    bg - Bulgaria
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S i9000
  • CM Version:
    11-20131207-NIGHTLY-galaxysmtd
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:28 PM

View Postteogin, on 28 December 2012 - 05:27 PM, said:

I found solution to get it work by using odin 3.04 and Semaphore ICS 1.3. Thanks God!!!

mine back to life too :)