Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

What Does Cm10 Do For Me That The Stock Rom Doesn't?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tronmech

Tronmech
  • Members
  • 38 posts
  • Device Model:
    Tmobile G2
  • CM Version:
    None yet
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

I use cm10 on my Samsung Galaxy S2 (hercules) and it works pretty well. I also used a cm9 derived rom on my old tmobile g2.

On each of those phones, there was a clear benefit to using cm10. On the sgs2 it let me get rid of the overly IOS-like Touchwiz skin, and the update to Jelly Bean was nothing to sneeze at.

On the G2, it let me get to ICS and let me experiment with Jelly Bean.

On both of my phones, going back to stock would be awful. CM9 and 10 are just that much better than the stock rom.

After using the latest stock rom on my nexus 7, and dealing with the partial usb otg support (no flash drive support, meaning I have to use a 3rd party app). Can someone tell me what distinguishes cm10 from the stock rom on the nexus 7?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

#2 liuyanghejerry

liuyanghejerry
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Twitter:liuyanghejerry
    cn - China
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 7
  • CM Version:
    CM10
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

For me, CM10 just has more settings that makes me have more control of my N7. Since N7 is good enough, runtime speed and memory status is not really different from stock rom.

#3 korockinout13

korockinout13
  • Members
  • 481 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4, Nexus 7
  • CM Version:
    CM11 Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:23 AM

Well it's identical to the feature set you are used to on your phone. A ton of the customization settings are not available on the stock ROM.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD