Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Cm10 ---> Cm9 On Touchpad

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DennisOS2

DennisOS2
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HP Touchpad
  • CM Version:
    CM10
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

Couple of days ago I completed first and partially successful install of CM10 on my Touchpad.  Everything completed except the install of gapps.  The ZIP file remained in the CMINSTALL directory.  Operation of 4.1 is as reported: no camera, sound was fine, WiFi working, USB port not active for power or connectivity (charges fine on the TS), dual boots fine, access of the web was great (like the browser).  All in all, a straightforward result.

I'm not one to want/need the latest build, but just looking for a highly stable, functional replacement for WebOS (which I really like), and I like Android enough to move to that for the TP.  Although new to rooting Touchpads, I've done this to past phones and PDAs over the last ~10 year ...... still consider myself a noob.  So, I wanted to start a schedule to use the most stable Android version as the next versions are in the hopper so-to-speak.  It seems that CM9 (4.0.xx) has stable builds now with close to full functionality???   True???   If so, I'd like to move back from CM10 to a RC (or stable) CM9.

So, like moving from CM9 to CM10 do we have to use ACMEUninstaller on the CM10 install before installing CM9?  I'm not sure how much ACMEUninstaller removes or returns the TP to factory.  After ACMEUninstaller is the CM9 install, then as a from scratch, requiring all files as if it is a clean install?  Sorry if these are basic.

Thanks in advance.