Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Home Button Not Working.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 warlock4u

warlock4u
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Droid 2 Global
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

This is actually more of a serious issue than I thought it was.

I have gotten stuck in a few loops, which required rebooting of the phone. Is there a setting I am missing here? I get feedback when I push the home button, but nothing happens. Even on a double, or long push. As a side note, alt-lock does not work either.

I followed the wiki guide, with a few changes. The root method would not work, so I used z4 to root. The bootstrapping free method does not work, so I browsed to the file, and re-installed it. I _DID_ install gapps (gapps-ics-20120317).

Am I just missing something? Or did I screw up the install somehow?

Thanks
--warlock

#2 auntyem

auntyem
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    droid 2 global
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Other

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:27 AM

replace the digitizer screen.  it isn't a software issue.  i've searched and searched.  all the suggestions are to uninstall everything and reset with responses of the problem still there. also, the original droid phones had the same issue which is the first clue that recently created apps aren't the issue.  also, the soft buttons aren't programmable so nothing would have taken them over.  you can get the digitizer from amazon or ebay fairly cheaply.  screwdrivers can be found on amazon as well.