Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Nook Won't Boot Mod Off Of Sd Card

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tedjohnson

tedjohnson
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:31 AM

So i've had my nook color for a while, and for the most part i've been trying to get the cyanogen mod to boot off of my microsd cards so i can us it the whole time. No matter what i do I can't seem to get it to work. I've tried so many things, I'm not even sure if im doing this right anymore. So, I'll ask you guys. I just did a factory reset on my nook, so everything its stock atm. Software version 1.4.3. Model number BNTV250A. I have two 16gig micro sd cards. I've used both, neither seem to work. The last thing I tried was mount the micro sd with the generic sd image, and loaded cyanogen mod 7 on it. Put it in the nook, just goes to regular nook, and installs its basic files on the sd. So, im out of ideas at this point. Is there something im not doing? Any help would be appreciated.

#2 meteorrock

meteorrock

Nook Color Devs

• Donators
  • 1012 posts
  • Twitter:#!/cyanogen
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nook color
  • CM Version:
    CM-11 - UNOFFICAL - encore | Kitkat | Android 4.4
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

You can look over this thread link here where I go over with another on how to set up and boot cyanogenmod off of the boot card. There is included youtube viedos you can follow along with and all download links and tools you will need to get started in that thread.

Most get hung up not mounting their cyanogenmod image file correctly on the SIM card, this thread link here goes over some of the details. If you need more help let me know. As far as I know this mod will work even with your new version of the nook color. Here is the link. http://forum.cyanoge...38-new-to-nook/

Posted Image

#3 erthwjim

erthwjim
  • Members
  • 9 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC One on AT&T
  • CM Version:
    Various
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:24 AM

My nook is having the same issue. Perhaps it's the sdMicro card, but WinImage has issues writing sometimes when I use an external sabrent multicard reader device, but when I use the sdMicro in a sd adapter and use the sd reader/writer built into my laptop, it tends to write the image without issues, but then the nook still boots normally.

#4 Doctordeere

Doctordeere
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
    CM10 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

View Posttedjohnson, on 01 December 2012 - 02:31 AM, said:

So i've had my nook color for a while... I can't seem to get it to work... Model number BNTV250A.

That's not a Nook Color, it's a Nook Tablet. Completely different boot loaders. SD boot cards for the Color will not work on the Tablet.